Chapter 5

>All Pov<

Harry stared at his hands as he thought about what Severus said before deciding "I will get resorted.. But I'm not promising that I'll be friendly with the new house straight away," he stated.

Severus nodded "Fair enough, the sorting occurs tomorrow so we'll sort you then," he confirmed before turning his attention to his food and beginning to eat.

Harry blinked slowly and picked up his fork "Sir.. When I was first sorted, the hat considered putting me in Slytherin. Is that where I'll end up?" His green eyes looked at his Professor questioningly.

"It depends.. Do you want to be put in Slytherin?" he answered Harry's question with a question.

Harry pursed his lips "I don't know, ugh my brain hurts too much to think about it." He said before finally starting to eat.

The food was lovely, it was Sheppard's pie with homemade chips. Harry ate it like it was the best thing in the world, which is was.

After he finished eating he went straight to collecting his and Snape's plates and going to wash them up.

"What are you doing?" Severus asked with an eyebrow raised as he left his seat and walked over to the thirteen year old.

"Washing up.. I always do it," Harry stated like it was obvious and with not much concentration with what be was saying.

Severus looked a little concerned but brushed it off "I'll do the drying then, after that you ought to go to bed."

As said, the potions Professor started helping Harry without using magic. He didn't quite know why the boy didn't want to use magic.

After they were done: Harry did as Snape had told him to and went off to the spare bedroom "Night" he said quickly to Snape as he walked.

Once sat on his bed, Harry drew his knees up to his chest and stared at the fire which was a little bit in front of him.

He was happy.. For the first time in months he was happy... It was a strange feeling, seeing as he was used to the Dursleys cruel punishments.

He slipped under the duvet and closed his eyes, as soon as his head hit the pillow he was fast asleep.

Flashing.. Green lights flashing.

A dark and mysterious figure swept into the room "Move.. And you may be spared..." He spoke in a hissed, drawling voice.

"Please! Please not my Harry, please take me instead" A woman's voice pleaded.

"Stupid girl.." He raised his wand "Avada Kedavra!" He yelled.

The last word the woman said before she dropped to the ground dead "Harry!!"

The dream contorted.

Harry was hiding underneath a shelf in the cupboard under the stairs that he used to sleep in.

His thirteen year old body barely fit in the tiny cupboard even if he was just skin and bone.

"FREAK!" His Uncle Vernon's voice screamed through the house, making certain walls shudder and dust fall onto Harry's head.

He scrambled out of the tiny space and had barely a second to catch a glimpse of the hallway before he was thrown into a wall.

It was clear Vernon had had a bad time at work that day.

He put up with the pain and the only
Vernon's fat hand swiped across Harry's cheek and folded into a fist before it collided with his shoulders and collarbone.

Harry let out a masked whimper as he was used as a punching bag.

He was thrown against the wall harder than last time and then just left there in a pile of bruised limbs and a mop of black hair.

>Kind Of Snape's POV<

Severus had woken up in the night to groaning and occasional yells of pain. He lit his bedside candle and grabbed his wand "Lumos" the tip of his wand glowed.

He then slid out of the bed and into the bathroom, once in there he opened the spare room's door and walked in.

Potter.

The boy was flailing around the bed and he might as well have been drowning in his own sweat and.. Tears?

Severus slipped towards the bed and set his wand down, he then proceeded to shake Harry to try and wake him up.

The thirteen year old seemed to refuse to wake up, he just kept thrashing around.

Until.. He finally did wake up and jumped to sit up, he wiped his face quickly and rubbed his eyes.

A pair of arms wrapped around his shoulders and comforted him "Shh.. It's okay, it's okay..." Severus said in response to Harry's sobs.

After Harry finally calmed down, Severus let go and looked him in the eyes "Do you want to talk about it?" In reality he had seen into the boy's mind and was able to see a little bit of the dream but still.

Harry shook his head "Sorry I woke you up, I'll go back to sleep..." He said quietly as if he thought Snape was mad at him.

Severus shook his head "I'll make you a hot chocolate and bring it here." He stated comfortingly before leaving the room.

He did this a lot in fact. With his Slytherins, someone from the dorm would alert him if a kid was having a nightmare or anything like that and he'd come there. Not in his robes but in his sleeping clothes, so the kid didn't see the usually feared Professor Snape but actually Severus. Who was here to comfort them.
He'd bring hot chocolate and talk to them for a bit, he wouldn't take "Nothing" as an answer but if they didn't want to talk about it then he'd distract them with something else.

Severus came back and set the hot chocolate on the bedside table "We'll talk about this in the morning if you like."

Harry nodded thankfully and held the cup in his hands, savouring the warmth of it as he sipped a bit.

Severus left the boy to his thoughts and went back to bed, but this time he'd be more on the lookout for a nightmare or anything.

Harry set the hot drink down and sat with his back against the wall, a shiver came over him and his eyes turned red for a second.

"Harry... Potter...."

He shook his head a bit like a snake and blinked, his eyes were back to being bright green like nothing happened.

He looked around for wherever the voice came from but found no results.

Instead he laid back down and fell asleep with the thoughts of what just happened, Snape was.. Nice to him? When he woke him up?

Ugh finally! I got this out, I have been so busy with school and shit.
Crysi~

Word count: 1153 Words.