#3

Kylo walks to the bridge looking for General Hux. He finds him talking to a lieutenant barking orders as usual. He must have felt Kylo's look because he turns to see him.

"Ren" Hux says dryly. "Hux" replies Kylo in the same way.

"I thought it was your day with (Y/N)" Hux comments with an annoyed tone. "What are you doing here?"

"That's what I want to talk to you about" Kylo answers impatiently. "Have you seen her?"

"What happened? Did you bore her? Hux mocks "Or did she finally realize what an idiot you are?"

"I'm serious, Hux" Kylo tries to appear taller to Hux. "We were supposed to train together but after lunch I haven't seen her".

"Maybe she wants to be alone" Hux shrugs.

"I don't think so. When she was sleeping she was having a nightmare but I couldn't see in her mind" Kylo says and adds "I think it's one of those days".

The mocking grimace disappears from Hux's face and he simple releases the word "Shit..."

Immediately the two men start walking each other, they walk at a fast pace, the only thing that prevents them from running is that the other could see them.

After checking their quarters, the cafeteria, the training room, the gym, the restrooms and not finding you, Hux says frustrated "We have to find her, she's in pain".

"Wait..." Kylo shuts him up. "I feel something. Follow me". Two hallways later Kylo and Hux find themselves in front of a door that says "Supply Closet".

Hux knocks the door and when he doesn't receive an answer he says out loud "Kitten? Are you there?"

When they don't receive an answer Kylo becomes impatient and opens the door. It's stuck but with his strength he only needs to push a little to open it. The closet is dark, full of things for cleaning. Kylo comes in slowly followed by Hux and in the background they find you, huddled in yourself, facing the wall.

Maybe Hux and Kylo can't stand each other, maybe they can't agree on anything and maybe they even hate each other but they feel exactly the same when they see you looking like a lost puppy protecting itself from the cold.

Kylo kneels by your side and puts a hand on your arm. He knows what you feeling because he loves you and knows when you're not doing well. "What's wrong, (Y/N)?" he asks worried.

You squeeze your eyes and you feel the words don't come out of your throat so you make an effort to speak "I had a nightmare. I dreamed something was following me, something, someone. It was invisible and it wanted to bite me. When I touched it I saw its teeth. Human teeth. I asked it why it wanted to hurt me. It told me: "I don't even feel pain. I just want to destroy you" you release a sob that makes your entire chest hurt. "I'm scared again. I feel weak, small, useless. I feel like I'm barely holding to the last pieces of control over my life".

Kylo feels your pain and tells you "We'll take care of you. I know you feel everything is wrong but everything's going to be fine".

You snap at him, annoyed and tired of hearing that old phrase "Yeah, sure, everything's going to be fine. Stupid me" and you turn your head back to the wall again.

Kylo looks at Hux and Hux nods. When it's about you words between them are not necessary. They know what they need to do.

Kylo grabs you in his arms and sits down on the floor, his back leaned against the wall. You hug him tighter, your arms around his neck and your face hidden in his chest. Hux kneels at your side and puts a hand on your back. His thumb tracing little circles in your skin.

"This is something that is just happening to you, it's just passing, it's not going to stay" Hux starts talking calmly. "This is not you, it's just a part of you. You'll not reach places and say "Hello, I am (Y/N) and I'm my anxiety". It's "Hello, I'm (Y/N) and I'm going through a difficult time".

You look up and see Hux smiling at you with his clear eyes. "Can we stay here for a while?" you ask the men of your life.

"Of course. We got you, girl. We got you" Kylo whispers.