#4

A/N: In case you wonder how it was that Kylo and Hux came to the agreement of being with you. This ficlet contains issues related to death.

The beep coming from the bacta tank indicating that it's working pierces Kylo's brain every second. He's sitting on the side of the tank, with his elbows on his knees and his eyes on the person inside the healing machine.

He feels he's descending in a spiral of fear and angst, the silence of the room engulfs everything and he frowns in an attempt not to destroy everything that is close to him.

He gets up suddenly, the squeak of the chair backing down cuts the silence like a knife. "I'll be back, love. I promise" he tells you even if you can't hear him. Or maybe his voice reaches you between dreams, preventing your body from surrender.

He walks around the ship with his fists clenched, he hopes to look intimidating enough so no one gets in his way. And whoever is foolish enough to do it, the red of his lightsaber will be the last thing they see.

"General Hux" he really can't stand this man. His perfect rectitude, his ginger hair, his stupid cat.

Hux acknowledges him without saying a word, waiting for him to speak.

"I know you love her. I've seen it in your mind "an almost imperceptible twitch on Hux's eyebrow occurs.

"I do not ..." Hux tries to explain. "Stop. There's no point in lying "Kylo interrupts him. "And I do not blame you, who wouldn't love her?".

Hux decides to keep his words to himself, agreeing with Kylo with his silence.

"Right now she's on a bacta tank fighting for her life. Those scums almost killed her. I almost didn't arrive on time" Kylo decides to stop before losing his composure to the man who looks at him expectantly. "I need to know that she'll be safe even when I'm not with her."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Hux doesn't understand what the child-man wants to say.

"I love her more than I hate you. And I also know that you're the only man, besides me, able to protect her" Kylo pauses for a moment " I'm willing to share her with you ".

Never in all his life did Hux think he would hear those words from Ren and he has seen many unusual things over the years.

"Just answer me this" Kylo doesn't allow Hux to say anything. "Do you promise to protect her?".

"With all my life, Ren," Hux says without even hesitation, he has made that promise himself since he first saw you. He feels a little sting on his head, Kylo is searching in his mind to see how true his answer is.

He must have been satisfied because then he says "We can arrange the details of the agreement once she's totally healed. She's currently at room 21 ".

"I'll make sure to visit her and bring her flowers when my shift is over" Hux says before Kylo disappears down the hallway.