Unsolicited Advice: A Librarian's Guide to Getting Your Story READ

Unsolicited Advice = Tips, tricks, and ideas I think would help you, that you did not actually ask for. 

                I have perused TENS of THOUSANDS of stories on Wattpad (understatement).  As a result, I have noticed what separates the “popular” from the “undiscovered.”  On Wattpad, I am a “librarian” of sorts, so I spend an inordinate amount of time just searching for stories to read.  I believe this time searching gives me a unique perspective on the story selection process.  I specialize in gay/LGBT stories, so majority of my tips deal with stories of that nature.  However, I believe that some of these tips are applicable to other genres. 

                I plan to keep each part of this guide short and simple.  Many of the tips may seem obvious, but the bases of each one of these tips are actual “errors” that I have come across.  Do not expect any long drawn out explanations on why you should follow each one of these tips, simply because that would take too long.  Of course, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me anything in the comments. 

                This guide deals specifically with increasing your READS only.  Increasing your votes and/or comments is an entirely different issue.  I believe these tips will increase your read count regardless of your stories quality.  LOL, what?

Vote

Comment

Follow

Rain (a.k.a.  The Librarian)

p.s. a hot guy is over there -->>