Tags - boyxboy

Before we get started with my first tip let me just say that none of these tips are designed to work by themselves. These tips work together to get you more reads.

I have so much to say about tags it is kind of crazy. If you do not know how to tag your story then I suggest you go to the Wattpad Help Center and learn how to do it. Tags are one of the most important things you can do to make your story discoverable.

I wish I could go over every type of tag you need in one part, but I cannot because your tags must be both UNIQUE and COMMON. As I said in the previous part, I specialize in gay/LGBT stories, so "boyxboy" is the first tag I am addressing.

If you write any of the following types of literature:

slash

boyxboy

gay

gay male

malexmale

manxman

manxboy

boyxman

mxm

m/m

bxb

bxm

mxb

manxmen

yaoi

same love

boylove

boy love

boyslove

shonen ai

shonen-ai

homosexual

manonman

boyonboy

manxmanxman

boyxboyxboy

bxbxb

mxmxm

etc.

Then you need to TAG your story "boyxboy"

Without the quotation marks of course.

For some reason, I have seen people tag their story "boy x boy"

DO NOT put uncommonly used spaces in your tags! Wattpad's archaic "Discover" feature does not allow for human error.

Some people do not like the term "boyxboy" for various reasons that I shall not list here. However, tags are about getting your story discovered by people interested in the type of story you are writing. Feel free to add whatever tag you feel is more appropriate in ADDITION to the "boyxboy" tag.

The boyxboy tag will narrow the reader's search down from millions of choices to thousands. One's story can still get lost amongst such a large number. So what do we do about that? Well, that is another part...

Vote

Comment

Follow

Rain (a.k.a. The Librarian)

p.s. another hot guy is over there -->>

Unsolicited Advice:  A Librarian's Guide to Getting Your Story READ *(Postponed Indefinitely)*On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara