51| Murmurs

51| Murmurs
****
****

According to Gabe, I've been here for at least two days.

That was two days too long.

I stopped in my tracks, holding my fist up for Gabe to halt. We stuck to the wall. The door opened, we made eye contact. Before he could do anything, I struck him down with the end of my gun. Gabe grabbed him before he could fall, gently lowering him down on the floor.

I slipped inside room seeing another man, this time younger, with his back to me counting stacks of money. I crept up to him, the nuzzle of my gun jammed into curve of his spine.

He froze.

I fisted the neck of his shirt, pulling him down and shoving him face first onto the desk. A good thing he was light too, otherwise it would have been a complete fail.

"You try sh't and I'll shoot your sh't." I threatened.

Gabe came in, dragging the body of our welcomer in with him and shutting the door.

"Please! I just count the money!" The boy pleaded.

"Shut up." I warned.

"Wait." He eyed me. "Are you guys Feds?"

"No." I answered. "Why does everyone think we're Feds?" I asked Gabe who just shrugged. I turned back to the boy. "What's your name?"

"I ain't saying sh't!"

I pressed his face deeper into the table. "How about now?"

"Mmnmn" he murmured barely.

"Hhmm. What if, we take the money, and you get to explain how you lost it?" I offered. There were stacks. Towers even. I'd guess about one million on the desk - I don't even know if I would be able to count up to the rest in the floor.

"You wouldn't." He eyes bulged out, he tried to push against me once more. I grabbed his arm, bent his elbow, and pushed it up.

"Ahh ahhh!! Okay! Okay! Stop woman! F'ck, man!"

I released him hesitantly. "What's your name?" I nodded my head up as he slowly rose.

"I'm not going to tell you my - Charlie!" He muttered through clenched teeth. "Can you let go please?" I dropped his hand. "The ladies love this arm." He chuckled nervously before squirming under my unimpressed glare. "You know, if you weren't so mean, I'd take you on the Charlie train."

"I'm sure your caboose goes at full throttle." He eyed me with his pretty blues, unaware of my sarcasm. Then he caught sight of my extremely tight, and extremely falling apart dress, his eyes waving a little too long. He smirked, opened his mouth then shut t again when he looked up.

"She was being sarcastic." A dry tone emerged from behind me. He stood close, not touching, but close enough for me to feel his heat on the right side of my back. It grew stronger and more intense the longer he remained. Even if it was just for a couple of seconds. It made me tingle in places I wish not to discuss. The more I didn't  think about it, the better-

"Oy!" Charlie's long pale finger stuck out, pointing at Gabe. "You're that f'cker who stole my car!" He accused.

"I don't know what you're on about." Gabe said casually, the dry tone saturated in innocence. That scheming son of a bacon!