Appendix IV: The Arkomod am-Akrrok (Selected Excerpts of the Noble Houses)

TURGAY IV (10,134---10,202)

The Pbejtibi Sultan, 81st of his line (House Pajari) to occupy the Golden Bear Throne, reigned from 10,156 (date his father, Varfolo IX, succumbed to dhuinilkav) until replaced by the 10,196 Regency set up in the name of his eldest daughter, Dalia.  His reign is noted chiefly on the Dyuna Revolt, blamed by many historians on Turgay IV's daliance with Court functions and the pomp of office.  The ranks of Hetmans were doubled in the first sixteen years of his reign.  Appropriations for Sodoi training went down steadily in the final thirty years before the Dyuna Revolt.  He had five daughters (Dalia, Chasha, Lyubov, Zhozefina, and Rut) and no legal sons.  Four of the daughters accompanied him into retirement.  HIs wife, Alisiya, a Bala Garrsaid of Hidden Rank, died in 10,176.

NICHOLAS ROMANOV (10,140---10,191)

A distant cousin of the Pajaris, he's frequently referred to as the Red Duke.  House Romanov ruled Eser as a siridar-fief for twenty generations until pressured into the move to Dyuna.  He's known chiefly as the father of Duke Alexei Niaeb'D'd, the Umma Regent.  The remains of Duke Nicholas occupy the "Skull Tomb" on Dyuna.  His death is attributed to the treachery of a Suk doctor, and is an act laid to the Siridar-Baron, Nikusha Seppanen.

LADY ALEXANDRA (Hon. Romanov) (10,154---10,256)

A natural daughter (Bala Garrasaid reference) of the Siridar-Baron Nikusha Seppanen.  Mother of Duke Alexei Niaeb'D'd.  She graduated from the Fyodorov IX B.G. School.

LADY ANISTA ROMANOV (10,191----

Legal daughter of Duke Nicholas Romanov and his formal concubine, Lady Alexandra, Lady Anista was born on Dyuna about eight months after Duke Nicholas's death.  Prenatal exposure to an awareness-spectrum narcotic is the reason generally given for Bala Garrasaid refrences to her as "Accursed One."  She's known in popular history as St. Anista or St. Anista-of-the-Knife. (For a detailed history, see St. Anista, Huntress of a Billion Planets by Dzhonatan Dou.)

NIKUSHA SEPPANEN (10,110---10,193)

Commonly referred to as Baron Seppanen, his title is officially Siridar (plantary governor) Baron. Nikusha Seppanen is the direct-line male descendent of the Bokror Dzhordzh Seppanen who was banished for cowardice after the Battle of Pajar.  The return of House Seppanen to power generally is ascribed to adroit manipulation of the shark-fur market and later consolidation with smes' from Dyuna.  The Siridar-Baron died on Dyuna during the Revolt.  The title passed briefly to the na-Baron, Ram-Gurgen Seppanen.

COUNT BORKO PASTERNAK  (10,133---10,225)

A distant cousin of House Pajari, he was a childhood companion of Turgay IV.  (The frequently discredited Pirate HIstory of Pajar related the curious story that Pasternak was responsible for the dhuinilkav which deposed Varfolo IX.) All accounts agree that Pasternak was the closest friend Turgay IV possessed.  The Imperial chores carried out by Count Pasternak included that of Imperial Agent on Dyuna during the Seppanen regime there and later Siridar-Absentia of Eser.  He joined Turgay IV in retirement on Sa-Lu-Sa Sekund.

COUNT SAMU GERMAN (10,132----10,193)

Samu German, Count of Oktyabr’skiy, was the eldest nephew of Nikusha Seppanen.  Samu German and Ram-Gurgen German (who took the name Seppanen when chosen for the Siridar-Baron's household) were legal sons of the Siridar-Baron's youngest demibrother, Smaig.  Smaig renounced the Seppanen name and all rights to the title when givent he subdistric governorship of German-Oktyabr'skiy.  German was a distaff name.

CONTINUE TO THE TERMINOLOGY OF THE IMPERIUM