Must Do It On My Own

Anne's P.O.V
"It's over." I stand before Charles, marriage contracts in handle. He remains in his spot behind his desk in shock. "Where did you find those? Have you been going through my things?" I shrug my shoulders. "Does it matter? I have every copy. Mine. Yours. And the King's. You know the one you had stolen from Henry's Privy Chambers. I rip them in half and throw them into the fire. "No..." Charles makes a move for me and I pull out my dagger. "Touch me and you die." He laughs, throwing his head back. "No one will believe you." I nod my head. "Perhaps, but the will believe Catherine. You remember Catherine don't you? The young girl who gave you everything, who you left with nothing. She will testify against you." He shakes in head in denial. "She'd never betray me. She loves me." I break into one of my classic smirks. "It's funny how a woman feelings can shift from love to hate in a matter of moments. You've got to love a woman scorned."

He puts his hands in the air. "What do you want from me?" I shake my head. "As usual, nothing. You are not the person I thought you were." I turn to walk away, but he starts to laugh again. "So what are going to do, now? Return to Henry? He has Jane and Prince Edward. He does not want you." I give a simple grin. "Even if I was returning Henry, I'd rather have a 5% chance with him, than a 100% chance with you." With that I leave Charles, and I feel a large load from my shoulders.

Inside my chambers my ladies are packing my things to return to Pembroke. Elizabeth, Annebelle and Mary will be returning with me. "Mama, may I say farewell to Papa and my new brother?" I nod and gesture for Lady Kat to take her to her father. Elizabeth moves away from Kat. "No, I want Mama to come. Kat can stay with Belle and Aunt Mary." I cross my arms and scold Elizabeth. "I apologize Mama, but I wish for you to come with me. Not Kat. Please do not be crossed with me." Elizabeth makes it impossible to say no to her. "Alright, my jewel. I will escort you to see your Papa."
----------------------------------
Henry's P.O.V
I bore myself of signing document after document, hoping for something exciting to happen. I'd sent Edward with his new household to Ludlow in Wales. Although, he is still very young, I think it best if Jane gets use to him being away. He's the Prince of Wales after all, Jane knew he was too be raised in the best way possible. "Your Majesty, their graces, The Duchess of Pembroke and Princess Elizabeth have come to say thier fareweels. I leap from my seat and step around my watching as Elizabeth and Anne come in and curtsey. "My Elizabeth..." She does her normal routine of running into my arms for a spin. Anne watching on in amusement. "Anne..." She steps forward and kisses my hand. "Your Majesty..." I nod. "So you are off to Pembroke, I pressume." Anne says yes. "I still do not understand the reason for your sudden need to leave court, but I will not try to stop you." Anne smiles and thanks me. "However, you may not take Annebelle she will remain at Hatfield. I will allow Lizzie to choose where she will resident." Elizabeth claps in my arms. "I wish to stay at Hatfield, Papa."

Anne gestures for me to hand over Elizabeth. "Lizzie, wait outside please." After Elizabeth curtseys and steps out, Anne scowls at me. "You dare to take my children away." I walk back over to my desk and sit down. "I did no such thing. No one is forcing you to leave court. You may return whenever you wish." She walks over to the front of my desk. "Why are you doing this, Henry?" I look up from the document in front of me. "If you take the children to Pembroke with you, then you will have no reason to return to court." She backs away from my desk. "First you want to accept that you have all you want with Jane, now you want me here at court. Which is it?" I rise from my seat, slamming my hands on the desk. "I wish for you to tell me what happened between you and Charles."

She refuses to answer. "It does not matter. I took care of it. You do not always need to come to my rescue, Henry. I can take care of myself. That isn't your job anymore." Moving in front of her, I put my hand on her cheek. "That will always be my job." She leans her face more into my hand. "Will you ever tell me what happened between you and Charles." She nods. "I need some space first, Henry. I cannot stay here. Not after Jane has given you a son. You cannot force her to watch me fall for you all over again. It isn't fair to either of us." I shake my head. "Jane's position is secure. As long as she has Edward, she has nothing for fret over." Anne takes my hand away from her cheek and places it at my side. "I have to go and you must let me. You may keep the children at Hatfield. Perhaps that's best for now." I nod and allow her to cursey and begin to leave. "I will come back." That causes me to smile. "You always do."