Midnight Sun Admission

I never thought Jonah would be okay with skipping night class, but there we were, our feet hanging off the edge of the bridge, sharing our favorite ice cream; mint chocolate chip.

"Thanks for ditching with me." I smiled at him over the pint of ice cream.

His curly brown hair swayed in the wind as he smiled back at me. "You're welcome." He said, the dimples in his cheeks were as deep as the grand-canyon.

I brought my feet back in and stood up. I flexed my toes and stretched my arms above my head. "We should jump in." I suggested. Jonah looked at me as if I was going crazy and I stifled a laugh.

"I don't think that's safe, Cami." He said sternly.

"Come on, I've seen Missy Parker and her boyfriend Robbie do it all the time." Quickly before Jonah could protest some more, I stripped down to my bra and underwear and jumped off the side of the bridge.

When I hit the water, it felt like icicles were stabbing through my body. As soon as I surfaced I saw Jonah's lanky body jump over the side of the bridge and plummet into the water. When he surfaced he brushed his hair out of his face and swam towards me at rapid speed.

"I'm going to kill you!" He screamed.

I swam as fast as I possibly could towards the shore and got out. I went to take off running when Jonah tackled me to the ground, the dirt stuck to our wet bodies.

Jonah's bright blue eyes were inches away from my face, both of our breathing labored. "Don't scare me like that." He huffed.

I giggled. "You had fun, admit it."

He shook his head, a coy smile on his face. "Okay, maybe just a little." He rolled off of me and we both stared up at the stars. If I could have, I would've stayed there all night counting stars with Jonah.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked him as I rolled on to my side.

Jonah turned to look at me, a content expression on his face. "You." He replied quietly. I felt my cheeks grow hot from his admission.

Me?

"What about me?" I whispered.

"Just that you always know how to make me laugh in the most unorthodox ways." Jonah sat up and turned towards me, a serious look on his face. "Every time we are together, you make me smile when I don't even want to. You push me to be a better person, and you always know what to say to make me feel better."

I sat completely still as his words washed over me.

"I love you Cami Walker, I always have." Jonah whispered.

Slowly Jonah leaned in and kissed me softly on my lips, the smell of him lingered underneath my nose when he pulled away.

"I love you too, Jonah Matthews." I smiled as I leaned in to kiss him once more.