the thief | peter parker

"sometimes you steal flowers from my garden and I look at you everyday wondering if you stole the flowers or my heart," 

You stood there everyday at your window, trying to figure what this brown haired teen did at your garden. You have seen him a few times at your school, and not to lie, you have taken an affinity to him. You only knew that his name was Peter Parker and nothing more, nothing less.

You loved the way his brown curls fell and framed his face perfectly. The way his eyes crinkled after telling a science pun to his friend made butterflies form in you. You hated the fact that every single thing he did made you fall head over heels for him. You've never talked to him except for once, which he bumped into you while holding a bouquet of carnations and said sorry to you.

But, what intrigued you the most is that he comes every single day to your garden to pluck a bunch of carnations. To make things worse, the carnations you grew were one of your most prized possessions. You only started noticing it as you saw the number of carnations that bloomed decrease day by day.

Most of the times, you kept quiet and saw him steal your flowers and look around him before starting his journey. Unfortunately for him, today wasn't the day.

You opened your door slowly without making any sound, in an attempt not to scare the teen away. You heard him hum a tune as he plucked the flowers, completely oblivious to your arrival.

"So, hey," you said as you faced him.

"Wha-," he looked back at you with widened eyes, clearly in shock.

"Calm down, I'm just a human," you responded with a giggle.

He laughed with you for a moment, before realizing who you were.

"Are you like the owner of this garden? If then, I am very very sorry. I was bringing these flowers to someone important to me all this while," he pleaded with you.

"Ok, I will let you off the hook but with only one condition," you proposed, as Peter gave you a confused look.

"I want to see who are you bringing these flowers to," you said, smirking as Peter's jaw slightly dropped.

Both of you guys were walking at the park, Peter holding the carnations he stole from your garden.

"Since I know your name, isn't unfair that you don't know my name?" you asked him.

"Who told you that I didn't know your name? It's Y/N, right?" Peter cocked an eyebrow at you, looking smug.

You stood there baffled not knowing how to respond.

"So, why not give me a short description of that person you are giving these flowers to?" you asked Peter.

"Um, this person really gave me a lot of advice and also helped me through everything. You can say that they meant a lot to me," he responded.

You nodded, thinking if he these flowers were meant for his girlfriend. You just followed him without saying anything.

You took a fallen leaf and twirled it in your hands as you skipped. Peter just walked behind you, his heart fluttering at the sight of you.

You didn't know that Peter liked you too, which led to him knowing your name. He loved the way you would answer a question confidently and smile softly if you got it correct. Ned advised him to confess his crush to you but he didn't want to as he was unsure of your feelings.

After a while, you noticed that he was headed to the cemetery near your house. You were confused and thought that he was going to go somewhere else or turn right into the street that led to Michelle's neighborhood. Little did you know, that you were dead wrong.

Peter headed towards the gates of the cemetery without any form of hesitation. You stopped in your tracks and heard him sigh.

"Why are we going in here?" confusion lacing your voice.

"Y/N, just follow me," he assured you, dragging you. You swore you felt electricity pulsating through you as your skin came in contact with his skin.

You nearly tripped and fell as he came to a halt. You squinted to see the name on the tombstone as your vision was a tad blurry.

Benjamin 'Ben' Parker, read the tombstone.

"Its my uncle. He died a few years ago in a car accident. Before dying, he told me that 'With great power, comes great responsibility,". Until this day, I am living with this quote as my life motto," he told you.

You looked at his eyes and found sadness and longing in his eyes. You hugged him and rested your head on his shoulder.

"He loved carnations from the florist but she closed her shop a long time ago. That's why I stole your carnations," he gave you a weak smile.

"I am very sorry, Peter," you told him as you turned to face him.

"It's okay, Y/N. You were the first person that I have ever told this to anyone, not even Ned," he told you, while looking directly into your eyes.

You felt his hot breath against your skin, leaving goosebumps all over your body. Peter came closer towards you and as you gave your nod of approval, he kissed you softly yet passionate. Even though it was the first kiss for both of you, it lasted for a quite long time.

He pulled back to see you full of smiles, and he gave you a peck on your forehead.

"Hey Peter, I want to ask you something,' you told him as you were walking back home together.

"What is it?" he asked you.

"Did you steal the flowers or my heart?"