The Muffin Caper - 1

**************************************************

It wasn't my case at first. Shamus McGinty was a mob boss that probably got what was coming to him. I only knew of him I didn't know him. What I did know was since the prohibition on muffins in Busted Gulch city, his mob were deep in the bootleg business.

When I got involved was when the owner and publisher of the Golden Pillar Times and the Baker's Tin, BG's largest exporter and manufacturer of muffins, walked into my office offering a wad of bills for information on McGinty's death.

CASE NOTES

Impressions:

Caroline Grace - A class dame and a looker. Plenty of dough and not afraid to spend it.

Short fuse. Doesn't beat around the bush. Curious about her interest.

Some connection to McGinty before death? Suspect?

Actions:

First got hold of Coroner, Doc Well. He hadn't done an autopsy yet but told me there was a partially eaten muffin found by the body. I learned Lulu McGinty was in to identify he husband and Doc felt she was genuinely shocked.

I knew Lulu from a while back and it would take a jolt from Old Sparky to shock her.

He also mentioned Brody Delaney was with her. McGinty's #2.

Spoke to Myna Darkly, owner of the Ritzy Muffin. Her business was hit by the prohibition too but she was from another wealthy plantation owning family so it was more of an inconvenience to her. She knew McGinty though and warned me about getting too close to his mob business.

I wondered about her own connection to the bootlegging.

Myna was no slouch herself. She had JinLi, a NoLuk boxer as a bouncer at her place and he was nobody to mess with. McGinty had a stable of Irish boxers that fought at NoLuk.

The BG police station was blown up by the Spanish mob that had roots in the Muffin District and that opened another avenue to look at.

Caroline Grace's short fuse displayed and I aced myself out of a job.

Snooped around on my own and will try to get her back as client.