04| Telling Newt You're Pregnant [ headcanon ]

{ requested by: }
    Anonymous :))) ~♡

* * *

[ setting: Kowalski's Bakery; closing hours]

The crowd of customers were gone from Jacob's bakery, leaving it to be the most quiet, comforting, and relaxing place in New York

The crowd of customers were gone from Jacob's bakery, leaving it to be the most quiet, comforting, and relaxing place in New York. The 'closed' sign had been put up and only you and your three closest friends were left.

* * *

- you'd be more nervous than a billywig caught in a spider's web

- how would he react? How would he feel? Would he even want a baby? He already has enough creatures to deal with!

- Queenie'd be reading your mind and all, giggling and such. (I love her btw) Then she'd approach you and tell you comforting things like: "It's alright, honey. I'm sure he won't do anything rash."

- "you don't get it, Quinn. What if he-- OH GOD WHAT IF HE LEAVES ME?!"

- "you know pretty darn well that he'd never do that. Trust me, he won't."

- sure she calmed you down, but it didn't calm you enough to stop you from stuffing your face with Jacob's pastries.

- of course Jacob's gonna man fun of you. What did you expect? "It's alright, (Y/n). You could always bunk in with me and Queenie if Newt DOES leave you."

- "JACOB THAT IS NOT FUNNY."

- Queenie would slap his arm, and he'd raise his hands in surrender. "It was a joke!"

- "not a very good one."

- Tina would be walking from the kitchen, holding a tray with hot cocoa all the while having a silly grin on her face. "So, (Y/n), about the baby names-"

- "Teenie, not now." Queenie giggles. "I think what we oughta' do right now is calm her down."

- Tina hands you the cocoa and mutters a "right, right. Sorry."

- you'd tell her it's okay and gulp the hot drink like it was the last thing you'll ever consume. Of course everyone would scold you for doing so.

- then the bell by the door would ring, implementing that someone has walked inside the bakery.

- your heart stopped. You knew it was Newt. Nevertheless, to be sure, you turned around.

- your boyfriend greeted you with one of his innocent smiles. He gave you a quick kiss and greeted everybody else.

- "I tried to come as soon as I heard. Jacob said you had news?"

- "oh, big news, honey!" Queenie giggles, giving you a wink.

- you started getting worried that Newt would notice too quickly but he was completely oblivious of the subtle hints.

- "well..What is it then?"

- you really didn't know how to put it. You were a total loss for words. You've been rehersing the things you were wanted to say all evening and yet now that he was here, it was like you forgot how to speak.

- "Newt, I- Uh... I..."

- "You what, love?"

- "I- well, uhm. See, I-"

- Tina was growing impatient. "Let's just say that she's not allowed to drink Firewhisky or Gigglewater anymore." She winks. "Least' not for a year."

- "And she can't have too much sweets either." Jacob winks back.

- "And no more daily morning coffee, I'm afraid!" Added Queenie. Newt had his eyebrows furrowed, trying to process all their riddles.

- "No more helping you with creatures in a few months time either, Newt."You deciced to tag along, finding it easier to tell him in cyphers.

- "And no more staying up late!"

- "one more creature to take care of!"

- "and no more climbing up and down ladders!"

- "she might not even fit in your case!"
- "prepare yourself for weird cravings."

- "oooh, and throwing up nearly every morning!" Queenie scrunches her face. "Yuck."

- your heart started palpitating as you realised that they were getting way too close to the subject. You couldn't believe how slow Newt processed everything.

- until finally, you couldn't take it anymore.

- "Newton, you daft paperclip! I'm pregnant!"

- as you realised what you blurted out, your face went red and you immediately covered it with your hands. You turned away from him and waited for... Well, you didn't know.

- the bakery was quiet for what felt like forever. Your heart was racing now. You really didn't know what to expect.

- but to your surprise, two strong hands held your shoulders and turned you around. You came faced to face with Newt, who was looking at you with an expression that was beyond exhilarated.

- he gave you a hard kiss and hugged you tightly. "Please don't tell me you're joking."

- "I'm not." Your muffled voice giggles, shoulders lowering and feelings easing as you melted in his arms. You buried your face deeper on his shoulders and felt tears pricking the edge of your eyes. "You're not mad?"

- "mad? Are you insane? Love, this is amazing!"

- he carries you by your waist and spins you around, making Tina scold him for doing so. "Hey, hey! You might do something to the baby!"

- protective Tina™

- "can I be the godmother? I can be the godmother, right?" She asks you, shaking you by your shoulders.

- "you've always been my first choice, Teenie."

- the rest of the night was spent with warm drinks and cookies, lovely conversations and silly stories. Your head rested on Newt's shoulder as he held your hands and rubbed your knuckles soothingly, slightly failing to hide the adrenaline he was still feeling. He couldn't believe he was going to be a father.

- Nothing could be better than being able to be surrounded by the people you held dear.

That was fun lmao
Hoped you liked it, anonymous!!