02| A BIRTHDAY [ headcanon!! ]

OMGGGG (BELATED) HAPPY BIRTHDAY BBY NEEEEEWT!!!!

* * *

- Of course he'd forget about his own birthday

- Of course he'd forget about his own birthday. The poor guy works nearly 24/7.

- you work for the ministry, and you and Newt met when he was renewing his apparating licence.

- you saw his birthday via certificate.

- Feb. 24

- you knew that you'd need that information someday.

* ✿ *

- today felt like a normal day for Newt. Nothing special AT ALL.

- he fed his creatures and tended to the pregnant erumpet you found in Berlin last week.

- after doing his chores, he sat in his office for an hour or two to work on his manuscript.

- until you came barging in with his favourite flavour of tea in hand.

- "love!" You screamed, placing the tea down and giving him a huge hug.

- he was taken aback. "Hello." He greeted anyways. "Why are you so happy? Did something good happen?" He laughs.

- you couldn't believe that he didn't know. Your eyes widened. "Oh my goodness, you forgot!"

- his eyes widened too, but he was very quick to answer. "It's the twenty fourth of February... It's not our anniversary."

- you could only laugh. Oh, you loved him so much.

- you planted a kiss on his cheeks and watched them turn red. "Happy birthday, Newt."

- it took him a minute to process what you just said. "The twenty fourth of February..." He repated quietly. "That's today! My birthday!"

- "oh, you are adorable."

- after showing him the little cake you baked, you placed it in the fridge and headed for Jacob's bakery.

- Tina, Queenie and Jacob himself was already there. They had had a banner put up too. Jacob closed his bakery for the rest of the day, knowing that his best friend was much more important that his business.

- Newt of course, kept disagreeing with him. But he was very flattered.

- you took Newt inside with a blindfold over his head. Everyone stayed quiet.

- and when you removed them, of course they all yelled "Happy birthday!"

- Newt was beyond happy. He's been busy for so many years that he never really got to properly celebrate his birthday.

- hugs were shared and so were toasts. And even though Newt warned you not to, you took a huge keg of beer from Jacob's cellar and popped it open.

- "that's not a very wise idea."

- "shut up."

- the rest of the evening passed smoothly. You laughed, joked, and reminisced about the little things.

- and when everything was all over and done, when everyone was tired and ready to go home, the both of you made your way back to your apartment, but didn't rush.

- the both of you just enjoyed the evening, Newt's scarf around your neck and his hand intertwined in yours.

- you talked about nothing and everything, just enjoying each other's company.

- "thank you for today, love." He said whilst kissing your hand. "It was beyond amazing. I can't thank you enough."

- when you got home, you went in the case with him, and tended once again to the creatures that you will never grow tired of.

- you quietly admired each other, saying nothing and letting the silence take over.

- "happy birthday, Newt."

- then you had se