Green, green and more green

I shut the door behind me and locked it just in case anyone did find my little cabin in the woods. I realised I was surrounded in green. The trees, the ferns, the bushes, the leaves, the moss covered logs it almost confused me, I was so used to the sound of the city, car horns blasting everywhere you walked and the over crowded streets. The reason I came here was to find peace and that's what I'm doing. I decided to take a walk around the forest in the morning, my hair tied up and small natural curls falling down my face from where they fell from the tie. I looked at my surrounding and followed a small trail into the trees listening to the crunching of the leaves and the sound of the morning birds waking up. It took me about an hour to clear my head a little and I was about to tune back but that's when I saw it. A meadow filled with flowers with bursts of different colours and a log which look placed in the middle of the flowers, it was almost like I was in some kind of dream but it felt so real. I slowly brushed my fingers across the flowers surrounding me and walked towards the log. It was a pale white with hardly any imperfections. I laid down on the log and closed my eyes forgetting almost everything for a couple of seconds until I heard a branch snap in-front of me. I snapped up and stared into the trees squinting. I felt like eyes were staring back at me as I stared back at them but it was dark and shadowed.
"Is anyone there?" I shouted as my heart began to race in panic, there was no response. I tilted my head the slightest and then laid my head back down on the log. More branches snapped behind me and I shot up in reaction.
"Ha ha very funny." I laughed in sarcasm and grabbed a small rock on the floor and clasped it in my hands. I stood in the middle of the meadow looking in each direction every second.
"I'm not afraid!" I shouted, my voice cracked on the last word ruining my cover. There was a long silence until I heard a slight whisper.
"Not afraid?" The man chuckled. The dark clouds suddenly crowded the sun as the light began to fade.
"How could you not be afraid of a monster?" The voice came from a different direction and I snapped towards the direction slowly beginning to back away. I looked behind me and it was the direction I came from but there was no possible way I could make it all the way back in a couple seconds, it took me an hour to get here! I observed all the possibilities in my head but it was too late. I felt a finger brush against my cheek and I turned back and he was gone, no one was there, I was alone. I ran towards the trees careful of each root buried under the dirt and I was running, almost too fast, it was an un-natural speed, the trees were flying past me and I could see everything so clearly. I panicked and stopped. As I stopped I looked around me and then I looked behind me and there it stood, my small cabin.
"Impossible!" I gasped, it had taken me an hour to find that meadow, how could I get back to the cabin in a matter of seconds!
"Impossible!" I repeated, I ran inside and ran upstairs and kicked the door down snapping it in half. I gasped in surprise and ran to my mirror and my eyes, they weren't my normal hazel colour, they were glowing red, a bright shade of red, I screamed and closed my eyes for a couple of seconds and took deep breaths slowing my heart rate down again. I slowly began to open them up again hoping it was just a stupid dream. And I looked at my mirror, my eyes were their normal colour, hazel. I remembered the door and turned around in horror and there it was, snapped in half.