8.

-OOMPA!

-LOOMPA!

--OOMPA-LOOMPA! OOMPA-LOOMPA! EHEHEHEHEH!!!

Goodness, how many Oompa-Loompas are there in this factory? They came up from some bushes as soon as they've seen me arrive, running towards me. Apparently, they're so happy to see me. They're welcoming me like they were waiting for me for ages...

-Ehr... Hello...

I have to say I was expecting Willy to wait for me in front of the gates, but he's not even here. I wonder where he is...

--You come with us!

Before I have a chance to respond, two Oompa-Loompas take my wrists and drag me into the Factory, with all the others in tow, singing loudly:- Teavee! Teavee! She's here! She's here! (Y/N) Teavee is here!!!

The little men make me run all over the place, taking me to a long hallway which keeps changing directions. Right, left, right, right... We didn't come this way yesterday, and it's not hard to see why. This hallway is so long that we have to run to arrive somewhere in good time. I'm already out of breath, I can't keep up with the Oompa-Loompas, but apparently "stop" is not even an option.

-I'm sorry... Where are you taking me?- I pant, without receiving any response. The Oompa-Loompas keep running, risking to make me stumble several times.

As I run through the hallway, I see some doors : I think every one of them leads to a laboratory. There's a brass plate on each door, with the weirdest things written on it. I read "Lickable wallpaper for children's bedrooms", "Hot ice cream for cold days" and "Chocolate milk cows". I would give anything to go into one of these doors...

-You slow!- an Oompa-Loompa says to me.

-Too slow!-

--(Y/N) Teavee is slow as an elephant! Eheheheh!!!-

After mumbling to each other, the Oompa-Loompas grab my arms and legs, lifting me up. They're so many that they can lift me easily.

-Hey! What are you doing?!

--OOMPA-LOOMPA! EHEHEHEH!!!

Like ants carrying a crumb on their shoulders, the Oompa-Loompas start running again even faster than before, holding my wrists and ankles very tight.

-Can you just slow down a bit?- I ask.

--No! Eheheheh!!!

I feel a bit unsettled but, for some reasons, the whole situation amuses me, as if I'm on a rollercoaster. Right, right, left, right, left: this hallway looks endless. Oh, nevermind, we're in front of a big spiral staircase, illuminated by some big lightbulbs. The way to reach the Immaginum? Why did the Oompa-Loompas bring me here?

-Ehr... thanks for the ride... can you put me down?

--OOMPA-LOOMPA! OOMPA-LOOMPA! AHAHAHAH!!!

Help! The Oompa-Loompas have started running up the stairs, without putting me down. I feel a little dizzy... It seems, however, that they are more careful than they look like, since two of them are making sure my head won't hit the walls, and they hold my shoulders so I won't off balance.

Luckily we've arrived. I have the big Immaginum doors in front of me. I can finally come back down from the Oompa-Loompas, cleaning the dust off my dress and breathing a sigh of relief.

-You enter!

-Ok... Thank you.

All of the Oompa-Loompas give me a bow smiling at me, then run away down the stairs:-OOMPA-LOOMPA! OOMPA-LOOMPA! OOMPA, OOMPA-LOOMPA!!!

So, here we are. At this point, I think Willy is in there, but why in the Immaginum? I don't know, all I know is that I suddenly feel worried: what is it he needs to tell me?

My shaking hand press the button to open the doors: I hear a weird buzz, a puff of smoke, and the sliding doors open slowly.

Everything is like yesterday: the pitch black, the table, the diary, that damned diary. There's a bit of light that comes from the big glazings, and I see him from behind. The top hat, the tuxedo, the pointed shoes, his hands behind his back, looking out of the windows.

It's him.

I see him turning slowly towards me, but I can't see his face. My legs are shaking, and I'm afraid to speak.

-Hello.

Luckily he started talking.

-Hi.

I get closer, while he walks up to me. I look down: I don't know if I'll be able to look at him in the eyes.

In the dark, I see his arm go closer to the light switch. Like it has been put there on purpose, a lightbulb lights up our faces, and he's even more handsome than I remembered. His bright eyes stare at me tenderly, making everything more difficult. However, I can see in his eyes some slight embarrassment.

-I appreciate you coming here, Miss Teavee. I have a desperate need to talk to you, and I was afraid that... I mean, that you...

-Today two Oompa-Loompas came to my house and told me that it was an emergency. I couldn't say no to something that important.- I'm getting defensive at the moment. I don't know what to expect, and I don't want to throw straight away my arms around him and tell him how much I missed him... I mean, a part of me really wants to do that, but I don't think it's a good idea...right?

-I'm extremely grateful to you for this. The only way to make clear this is something very important was to make someone explain it to you in person. That's why I let two Oompa-Loompas go out, I couldn't do it otherwise.

Really?  -You could have shown up at my door.- I quickly answer, huffy. Willy looks down, mortified. Ok, maybe I went a little too far.

I reply quickly:-Sorry, Mr. Wonka, I didn't want to...

-Never mind. You're right.

-Weren't you afraid that anyone could see them?

-The Oompa-Loompas are such intelligent creatures, they know how to hide. And please, call me Willy.

This last phrase hurts me. I reply:- Oh, so that doesn't bother you now...

Willy breathes a huge sigh as if he's about to say something really difficult.

-I... I acted like a monster yesterday, and I want to apologize to you. I shouldn't have attacked you and Charlie that way.

-You really scared me yesterday, Willy. I thought I have done something wrong, and I felt awful all night long. What's gotten into you?

Without answering me, Willy pulls out from his pocket a small transparent remote control, pressing the only button that it has. Suddenly, I see something coming down from the ceiling: it's a big glass elevator, with a few buttons on the inside. Unlike any other machine in this factory, it doesn't make noises, whistles or weird puffs of colored steam. Instead, it's very silent and elegant.

-There's a reason why I acted that way yesterday, for not have shown up at your door and a lot of other things. There are so many things you don't know about me, Miss Teavee, and today I would like to tell you as much as possible.- he says to me, indicating me to go into the elevator with him.

-At this point, call me (Y/N).

--------------------------------------------

We're getting close to the end, I can't wait to show you what's going to happen! Did you like this chapter? Comment and let me know! (Sorry for late posting! ><)

XOXO