Chapter 1: Project

Y/N's POV:

I was walking to my last class of the day, making my way through the crowded hallways. The rest of the students that were in the hallway were either done or were making their way to their class as well. Sometimes I can feel someone bumping into me, some apologized and some were just staring at me with a fierce glare on their face as if laser beams could come out of it.

After having forced my self through the crowded hallway I stood in front of the door of my class. Sighing of relief that I made it to the class without losing something, I took another deep breath before I entered the classroom, only to see that I was the first one.

I walked towards my seat which was the one located next to the window, almost the last seat in the back. The one on the back was claimed by my one and only rival, Park Jimin.

Ugh, Park Jimin, just thinking of him makes me look in disgust. Park Jimin is just like me, striving to be the best of our year, especially since this is our senior year.

So does he also come from a wealthy family just like me, and our school, we both have the money to go to a private school. Everyone in here has a wealthy life, so at least no one gets bullied for being "poor". But I hate it when those girls claim to be superior to people from the "lower class". One just has more money than the other so what? I never liked to be close to those girls, they are just too much for me.

I sat down in my place and grabbed all my supplies out of my bag and looked out of the window, waiting for the class to fill. Soon enough I heard someone beside me, coughing, trying to get my attention.

I ignored the person as I already knew who it was, I lifted my hand and shooed him away so that he would go to his seat

"Lee Y/N, you shouldn't ignore me when I am trying to speak with you." The voice which sounded sweet, but actually belonged to the devil, said annoyed.

"Park Jimin," I said still looking out of the window, as I suddenly made eye contact with the reflection of the said person. "If you haven't something to say that does not make me want to punch you, you should better leave." I added as I broke the eye contact with the reflection of him.

He sighed and sat down on his seat, that was behind me, looking at my reflection in the window, saying nothing but staring at the reflection, not moving an inch only after the teacher walked into the classroom, making an announcement that made the whole class go into chaos.

"My dear students," She said with a deep sigh as she was holding a stack of papers. "It is time for a project, again," Everyone was cheering and already looking for each other to partner up, some even tried to make contact with me so that they could partner up with me, only to get interrupted by the teacher again.

"And since I noticed that some of you, let their partner do all the work, I decided to make the duos myself." She said with annoyance as some students groaned while others sighed out of relief, including me.

"I made the duos based on performance so that there won't be anyone slacking while the other does everything." She said, looking around the class as no one was having any complaint against it.

No one except me. If this goes by performance than that means... Park Jimin!! I suddenly felt nervous, as I heard a chuckle coming from behind, I started panicking, she was naming duos one by one, slowly but well only a few people were left. The possibility of being together with Jimin grew even bigger. At some point the ones remaining to be in a group where Kim Taehyung, Kim Jisoo, Park Jimin and of course me.

"The last duos are Kim Jisoo," The teacher said as she looked at us, I tried not to show how scared I was. Of course, I am not scared of Jimin, not even close, It's just that partnering up with your rival won't work out. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder and also felt a warm breath that landed on the skin of my neck. "It'll be great to work together with you, my dear Lee Y/N~" Jimin said in my ear, smirking, as the teacher announced Jisoo's partner.