Chapter 2: Mrs. Park

Jimin's POV:

Y/N looked at me with a confused face, still startled by my sudden question. I looked at the file map which was filled with data of girls that could possibly reach my standards.

I ran my fingers through my black hair as I chuckled, Y/N hadn't noticed she had been staring at me for quite a while. "So Jimin," Y/N said as she finally moved her face, standing up from the chair she had been sitting on for a while. "What are your standards, or will you just agree to marry any random girl?" She walked towards me, ending up in front of me.

"Of course I do, first of all, she needs to have an equal level of intelligence," I said as I patted the spot beside me on my bed, signing the girl in front of me to sit next to me. She laughed as she sat down next to me.

"Something we have in common," she said giving me a cute smile, she rarely smiles to me at school, but that is just because of how competitive we are. "I told my mom, that I wanted at least someone who will be able to run the company together with me." She added, as her eyes shifted towards the file map.

"It's pretty big, isn't it?" I chuckled, grabbing the file map and placed it on my lap. "May I ask what is inside?" She tilted her head out of curiosity.

"I'm sorry, but I can't do that~ You'll find out soon though." I winked and stood up, placing the file map away. She sighed and nodded her head, walking back to the chair that was behind the desk. "Do you want something to drink?" I asked her, looking at her as she took place on the black chair.

"Oh, Yes, Thank you." She nodded shyly, giving a soft smile. I told her that I would be right back, as I made my way to the kitchen, finding my mother over there.

"Ah, Jimin!" She smiled as she looked at me, I returned her a smile as I opened the fridge and grabbed some Ice Tea for Y/N and while I was at it also for myself.

"Do you have someone over?" Looking at the drinks she curiously asked me another question. "Is it a girl?" A sly smirk appeared on her face. I looked at her with a sigh, not even trying to argue on why she assumes suddenly that it is a girl, knowing that she wouldn't give in even if she was in the wrong.

"Lee Y/N, Lee Corporations future CEO, on par with me with intelligence," I said, knowing that my mother would have asked more.

"The daughter of our company's rival," She looked at the glasses as her smirk grew wider. "What do you think of her?" She added.

"Y/N," I placed the pack of Ice Tea back in the fridge and held the glasses, walking to the door, adding something before I left the kitchen "Could be the best match of all, but fated rivals, my dear mother, we are rivals." I walked out, leaving my mother in the kitchen, as I walked back to the room, finding Y/N already working on the project.

"Not waiting for me to come back?" I chuckled, placing the drink next to her as I took place next to her.

"The earlier we are finished, the sooner I can go home." She looked at me while grinning. "Thank you for the drink." She grabbed the glass from the desk and lifted it up to her mouth, taking a sip of Ice Tea.

A refreshing smile appeared on her cute face, as she took another sip before she put the glass back. With that, we continued to finish the project, but it took until 11 PM because Y/N and I got into an argument on how to continue. Sometimes rivals can work really well together but this was to be expected that we wouldn't finish everything without arguing.

Once we were finished I stood up from the chair and fell down on my bed, looking at Y/N as she stood up and stretched out, she glanced over at me and quickly looked away, as a little shade of pink appeared on her cheeks.

"Yah, what's wrong?" I asked her as I looked at her, confused. "Fix your shirt, I can see what's underneath." She didn't face me, she was still looking away, her words made me look at my shirt, seeing that it had crawled up while I was stretching, revealing my abs.

"Oopsie~," I said fixing my shirt while I got up grabbing the keys of my car. "But, why did you look away? Normally, girls wouldn't look away." I chuckled as I opened the door, the girl looking away with the blush becoming more visible because of my comment.

"Shut up..." She walked through the door, making me chuckle because of her behavior. "I'm sorry~," I said teasingly, following the girl to the entrance of our house. We passed by the kitchen as my mother suddenly saw us and called us back.

"Jiminie, won't you introduce me to your guest before you leave?" She said, a sly smirk could be seen, as it didn't go unnoticed by Y/N as well.

"Right." I raised my eyebrow at my mother, getting a glare from her as a response while Y/N was shifting her head between me and my mother.

"This is Lee Y/N," I looked at Y/N, motioning my hand towards her, knowing that she was allowed to take over from me. "Daughter of the Lee Family, future CEO." She smiled proudly looking at my mother. "And you must be, Mrs. Park, It's an honor to meet you." She bowed politely, making the smirk on my mother's face grow even wider.

"Why, Thank you for calling it an honor." My mother looked at me, and then looked at Y/N from top to toe. "What were the two of you doing?" She asked curiously.

"We finished our project, we got divided into duos by our teacher. So, Jimin offered me to come over and work here." Y/N said smoothly, probably knowing what my mother is thinking at the moment. "But now, he needs to bring me home. So, it was nice to meet you, Mrs. Park, and maybe we will see you next time." Y/N said before she grabbed my sleeve and walked towards the front door.

She opened the door and walked towards the car as I followed her, I opened the door of the car as we both took place inside of it. I started the engine and drove towards Y/N her home. "Your mother is something, Jimin." Y/N said as she broke the silence that was in the car.

"What do you mean?" I kept my eyes on the way, yet the sound of my voice revealed enough to know that I was curious.

"The smirk of hers isn't the first one I have seen, every mother of a son coming from a business family has that look on her face." She scoffed, looking out of the window, leaning her elbow against the door, placing her head against the palm of her head.

"It's that their sons don't meet my expectations, which makes it easy for my mother to turn down their offers." She added, glancing her eyes towards me. "But you're a different story..." She sighs.

"Why?" I took a quick glance at her face before I turned my head back to face the road. "Am I that different from those guys?" I raised my eyebrow, looking at her from out of the corner of my eye.

"Don't feel offended, Jimin, you're at least not as stupid as those idiots. But still not enough for me..." She blurted out, as she saw that we had reached her house, pulling over I faced her again as she grabbed all of her stuff. "Thanks for the ride home." She gave a small smile before she put on her jacket, as she walked out of the car, towards the door of her house, I waited for her to walk inside before I drove my way to home.

"Still not enough..." I asked myself while focusing on the road, the comment keeps going around in my head. I knew as well that my mother would be planning something, but I wonder if Y/N's words really are what she thinks of me.

My mother knows what I think of Y/N,  she knows that from all those girls in that file map, Y/N is the only one to meet my expectations. Especially now that she knows she comes from the rivaling company, she will try something.