Chapter 3

Groaning, I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing. I went ahead to feel my sides of the bed in an attempt to find it. Finally, I found it and the first thought went in my mind.

What time is it?

It's literally 7:00 am in the morning and suddenly a groupchat wakes up from the dead

C & T SQUAD

xukun
let's just focus on our..

xingjie
xukun don't

xukun
on our balance

linong
that reminds me, did you successfully asked her to help you with waltz?

xukun
oops almost forgot

luhan
really bro?

And as they saw me seen the groupchat, a notification rang, saying I received a text message from Xukun.

Xukun
Hey so

since today is saturday

why dont we practice today?

Yue
whatevs, I'll just ask my mom and she'll allow me

Xukun
Cool!
if she allows you, here's my adress... [ ADDRESS ]

Xukun
Also bring some food on your way over

Yue
what are we? best friends?

Xukun
oh, arent we?

Yue
we arent
but fine
I'll bring some food and drinks

And within 1 hour, I was inside my mom's car, with my brother driving me to Krispy Kreme to get donuts, and some stop over for atleast 2 boxes of pizza and a bottle of coke. My brother and I arrived to the said address and I walked over to a figure near the gate who was on his phone. "Boo!" I bluntly said, pushing him to the side as he sent a glare. He felt the presence of my brother and nodded to him.

"Call me when you need me to fetch you. Bye." And he left.

"Let's go in." Xukun grabbed the box of donuts and coke bottle and we walked to his house. When we entered the living room, it was huge but I did notice it looks tidier than usually most living rooms would look like. "Did you clean up?" I asked out of the blue and he nodded, placing the boxes to the kitchen table. As he saw me follow, "What did you buy?" he asked as he stared at the boxes of pizzas in my hand. "I bought fried chicken, Xukun." I answered with sarcasm dripping down with my voice. He must've noticed my overly exaggerated sarcasm because he stared at me as if he's going to give me up. "I hope you like it flattened and extra crispy." I added sarcasm once more and he scowled at me. "Thanks for buying chicken, baby. I can totally see it's chicken." He spat out the treatment I gave him, and literally forced it to me but with a sickening twist.

And I froze in my spot and I got beet red. There's that damn nickname again. I looked away and he smirked.
"I see you've gotten quite flustered around nicknames~" He cooed, walking closer and I hissed. "Come closer, I dare you and I'll punch you in the place where the sun doesn't shine!"

30 minutes in practising and I've already noticed what was wrong with his movements in the waltz. The feet didn't coordinate with his body movement and of course, that ruined mine as well. His hand was literally at my waist and it was supposed to be a little higher, somewhere like the back of the armpit. Something was off. He was in the vocal and dance department as well and it was weird for him to not have perfected waltz. I brushed it off, thinking he was probably not paying attention when the teacher was teaching.