Prologue

Prologue:

The love that lasts the longest is the love that can never be.

“No don’t do this, I love him. Please dad.” I stood in front of Bryon and glanced at my dad with pleading eyes. But I knew my dad wasn’t going to budge. His eyes’ hard and his face was emotionless.

“Move honey, you don’t have to be scared anymore. You don’t have to protect him from this wrong deed.” His voice softened as soon as he met my eyes. Trying to tell me to get out of the way. I wanted Bryon to put the plan into action, the plan that we had discussed. I surveyed my surroundings; seven policemen surrounded us with guns pointed at Bryon. He had to put the plan into action, it was the only way he would be free.

“Put the gun down or your daughter gets it.” I felt him grasp me from behind, pulling me closer. The cold gun pressed against my forehead. I knew it only held blanks. He had wanted to make sure that he didn’t accidentally harm me. My eyes widened in shock and my mouth opened a little wider at the sudden closeness. To my dad and the policemen, I probably looked scared, but I wasn’t, I was enjoying the feel of Bryon’s arm around my waist. I snuggled in closer, as he began to walk backwards. I watched as my dad and the policemen helplessly put their guns down. Their arms tensed up, ready to aim the gun at a moment’s notice.

“Please let my daughter go, she has nothing to do with this,” my dad pleaded. I knew something was wrong then. My dad never begged for anything. I tried to signal to Bryon that something wasn’t right. I tugged at the hem of his shirt, but he didn’t seem to notice. I heard their footsteps then, and so did Bryon. He turned around just as the bullet penetrated his heart. Everything seemed to be passing by in slow motion, until the ground claimed us. 

“NO!” I screamed as tears trailed down my face. I held him in my lap, and smoothed his hair. His eyes glazed over as he looked at me. His mouth opened a bit: Mon Amour. His eyes closed as I buried my face into his hair. “Don’t go. Please” 

I felt arms pull me away from him. The policemen were wondering if I was okay, if Bryon had tried to harm me in any way. I could only shake my head as I watched them drag my captor, my lover, further away from me.

***

A/N So hey, I really wanted to write like a darker romance story xD. I also wanted it to be a bit more realistic, so like no paranormal creatures. I’m hoping for some feedback please, on whether this is a good idea. (: Anywayz, thanks for taking your time to read my story. ^^ Really appreciate it! Also thanks to Lost_In_A_Dream for the AMAZING banner~~ (: