Newt imagine #2 (sad)

Warning- This imagine will be on the topic of page 250. I know it doesn't follow the death cure exactly but I tried:)

His eyes are glazed over with hatred. Words come out of his mouth that he never would've  said a few months ago. Screaming pierces your ears, and the fact that it's Newt's voice pierces whatever you had left of your heart.

————————————————————————

When Newt first found out the news, he kept it to himself. He didn't want anyone to know. He just wanted to stop WICKED and be with you and his friends for as long as he could.

Newt hid inside of his sickness not allowing anyone else to step in with him. If anyone else found out, it would be too much of a distraction to what the gladers goals were: To stop the flare, and to stop WICKED. So, he kept his concern to himself, for it would be too much pain for you to go through if he told you. You are the world to him.

So, he stayed distant, and hid the truth for as long as he could bear.

On the surface, he was the same old Newt that everyone knew. A kind, caring, glader who was the sweetest person you could ever meet. But deep down, every day was a different fight. He had to remind himself often, of who he wanted to be as a person, and not what the flare was making him become to make it through the long, restless, days.

A few weeks later, and Newt is practically loosing his mind. He is starting to forget who he wants to be anymore, and he replaces that emptiness with madness, and insanity. Some days are okay, but others are unspeakably terrible. He doesn't want his friends to remember him as an insane, sad, crank.

Coming to this realization, he decides he must go, and get away from the rest of the gladers. He must go before they realize what's happening, and try to stop him from leaving.

He writes his letter to Thomas with very little emotion left to do it. "Tommy can handle it." He thinks. "When I go, it should be Tommy's doing." He gives the letter to Thomas and tells him he'll know when to open it. Newt then forces a smile across his lips that looks broken, and fake, nothing like the one you are used to seeing back in the glade. Instead of happiness, all you see left in this smile is pain.

Having one of his better days, Newt's body allowed him to at least hang on for the rest of the day so he could say his final goodbyes. He waits until night to leave and kisses you on the head in your sleep. He also stops by Minho and just sits there, staring at Minho thinking about what a great friend he's been. Without Minho, he wouldn't be the Newt everyone knows today. Finally, he  departs from the gladers with some regret, and isn't seen for a long time from then.

Weeks pass and Newt's disappearance is still a mystery. The letter hasn't been opened yet. Thomas doesn't understand. Newt trusted him, and yet he still doesn't get it. It's too late. Newt is past the gone. Thomas  should've gotten to him sooner. Should've stopped this from happening.

Then, out of sheer luck, or maybe it wasn't luck, maybe it was sheer haplessness, you see him.

As the gladers are driving the van down through a valley, you see a flash of blonde hair. And then you see his once gentle and sweet face. At first you think you're hallucinating. Can that really be the Newt you've come to know? The Newt you have loved and trusted for as long as you can remember?

But you stop thinking. You can't think about that right now, you have to stop the van. This really is Newt and maybe you can save him. "Stop!!!!!" You scream. The van comes to a rough stop and you run out of the car frantically with Thomas running behind you. Thomas's  face goes blank. He is shocked, and so are you.

Newt's clothes are torn to shreds and he has bloody gashes all over him. "You!!" He yells madly at Thomas. His eyes are overflowing with pure hate. "Did you even read my letter? I trusted you!"

But he changes to a new subject as his anger fades to memory and sadness. "Did I ever tell you why I have this limp Y/N?" He says as he stares into your eyes for a moment, acknowledging that maybe he still cares about you. Maybe things can be okay.

But then his nice look fades into a menacing, hateful, glare. "The flare is taking over him, that's not really my Newt," You force yourself to think. Yet somehow, it's both of them.

"I hated the glade.... I hated the place so much, so one day I decided I'd jump right off those bloody walls and then that would be the end of it. Guess I didn't climb high enough did I?" He now yells as loud as he can up to the sky, "Wish I did! It'd save me from this!"

Newt pauses for a moment and then screams as loud as he can, with agony and pain. As his voice falls horse he now stares at Tommy. "And it's all... your...fault!!!" He breaks the stare and looks down for a second. He meets your gaze again and looks at you straight in the eyes. He lowers his voice and says with as much intensity possible somehow with vains bulging out of his neck, "Y/N. Do it."

You gave him a confused look and with a shaky voice asked "w-what d-do you mean?" Though sadly, deep down you knew. This boy, this kind, caring, innocent, teenager doesn't deserve this. He never did. He never deserved any of it.
"I mean end this!!! Tommy clearly can't do it but you can! End all of it!!" Newt lowered his voice and said very slowly and seriously "kill me." He pulled a gun out of his pocket and gave it to you harshly as it fumbled between his hands. He looked at both you and Thomas and as if he had grasped one last sense of sanity, he pleaded, dropping to the ground holding onto your hands one last time, "Please Y/N, please."

You pulled the trigger.