Newt Imagine #5 Part 1

So this one will be an imagine like if Newt was in school with you. I will post part 2 sometime within this week. Right now I just don't have time. I'm trying something different then the same old glade🙂

You can't help but stare at him. How couldn't you? His eyes. His hair. His body. His lips. His scent. His smile. Everything about him activates a certain trigger and surge through your body. His charming British accent. His adorable sense of humor. His cute, soft, laugh. His kindness. His...Everything. Everything about him was perfect.

If only he liked you too, everything would be complete. But of course, he didn't. Why would you be foolish enough to even consider the thought? There are so many girls in school who would date him in a second. Why would he choose you over any of them? Sure you two were friends, but you knew he didn't like you. Of course he didn't. Not like that.

You also know with all of your feelings, even if he doesn't feel the same for you, you love him, and you probably always will, even after highschool, when he leaves to go marry some other girl, probably much prettier and smarter than you. Wait, stop. Get yourself together. Did you just say that? Do you love him? Is that how you really feel? The thoughts fly through your head at a thousand miles an hour.

I mean, it would make sense. He's the best guy you could ever dream of, so why wouldn't you love him? But no, you've got to hold yourself together y/n!! It's probably just another one of your stupid crushes. Get those thoughts out of your head. You'll make a fool of yourself.

"Y/N!! Y/N? Are you still here? Do I need to repeat the question?" You are pulled out of your thoughts, and from the back of Newt's head to reality. "Ummmm... I uh," you stutter as a giant threatening teacher focuses into view. You completely zoned out from today's lecture from Mr. Phillips.
"Ummmm?" Mr. Phillips asks in annoyance. "Is that your answer?" He raises his eyebrows and gives you a death glare.

Time slows down, and you have no idea what to say. This teacher is literally seconds away from giving you detention, until Newt's adorable head of his, turns around making eye contact with you. He points to his notebook, and winks, showing you the answer. You smile with so much relief. You read it quickly and say "1956, Mr. Phillips, are you happy?"
"Hmmm..." Mr. Phillips responds. "Correct. Well done." He realizes he said something remotely pleasant, so covers it up and snaps, "Next time, just look at me every once and a while, so I know you're paying attention. That is, if you can bear to keep your eyes off of Newt for five seconds and listen to my lesson." Your face heats up redder than a tomato and you hear immature ohhhhhhs from the rest of the class.

You can't believe it. Did the teacher really just say that? You look at Newt, wondering what he will say, with worry overwhelming you. But Newt just smiles and blushes a bit too. "Don't worry love, you've caught my eye a few times too."

————-time skip———-
Lunch time. You go to sit with your usual friends with a slight hesitation as you notice Minho is sitting at your table today, snogging your friend Ellie as she sits in his lap. You just roll your eyes and take a seat across from them. "Wow, you two should really get a room."
In response, Minho runs his fingers through his perfectly gelled hair trying to look "hot." The effect clearly works on your friend Ellie, and instead of responding to your comment, they just kiss some more.

"Wow, here they are, at it again." A British boy makes his way around the corner carrying his lunch tray, and sits down next to you, chuckling at the two. But honestly mostly at Minho, his best friend. "Hey, Newt," You smile at him.
"Hey y/n."
"How are you?"
"I'm good, love how are you?"
"Fine," You say with an awkward smile. Newt scratches his ear behind his neck. "Actually, I uh...was wondering, do you wanna come to my party tonight?" You don't respond right away so he adds nervously, "you don't have to if you don't want to. I understand if you're busy, or something."

You definitely want to though. And even if you were as busy as ever, you would make room in your schedule to go to one of his party's! You are so excited! You can't believe you've been invited to Newt's party! "No no no!! I'd love to go!" You say with enthusiasm. "Good," Newt replies with relief. "I'll see you tonight. My house at 10:00 then, love." He smiles cutely. He leans in close to you, and kisses you on the cheek. His soft lips brush your skin and you strongly want more of him.

For the second time in one day, your face gets as hot as the sun. You wonder, how many "friends" does Newt kiss on the cheek?