A little touch of heavenly light

As Elena arrived at the hospital, Meredith caught up with her and told her what had happened to Bonnie. Zoe waited in front of Bonnie's room. 

"She is fine!"- Zoe informed Elena as she now met her. 

"Yes"- "Meredith told me that the vampire blood worked. You haven't told her about me?" 

"No"- Zoe replied. Elena nodded and before entering the room she knocked at the door. Leaving the door ajar, and so Zoe could see the two friends hug. All seemed right in the world for a moment. Soon the three women were on the way to Bonnie's house where Alicia was waiting for them, as she wanted to discuss what options they had left to take down Silas before the full moon passes and he stays on this side. As they all got in the house, Alicia sealed the house with a spell so that noone was able to hear them or disturb their talk. As they finished an hour later, Elena got out of the house and got into the SUV to drive back to the Lockwood mansion. sending Elijah a message that she was on her way. She willed herself not to think about the ritual. Her thoughts were directed on him holding her and taking some of the stress away. 

She found him as she walked into the Mansion watching a silent movie. He could see that she was agitated. 

"Hold me"- she said, and without questioning anything he did as she asked. He then enquired about Bonnie and Elena replied that everything was fine, the vampire blood stopped the hemorrhaging, but the plans had to change as Bonnie wasn't able to participate in the ritual.

"The vampire blood in Bonnie now interferes with the link, Alicia said that it soils witches blood... but I don't want to think about it now" 

"Come on"- he then said- "you need some rest"- and they both went to one of the bedrooms and layed down on the bed. She nestled up in his arms. 

"Sleep"- he said caressing her hair gently listening to her regular heartbeat as she was slowly falling asleep feeling secure and relaxed.  

'Love is not real unless it is returned' - those words were with him from the day Katerina had uttered them, and now he understood the full meaning of them. He placed a peck on the little corner of her eye, she moved a little making herself more comfortable.  

*

The following day Caroline went to visit Bonnie. They discussed Elena and her transformation. 

"Do you really believe that she is all right with this? Remember what happened to Alaric. You know what some witches are capable of. I mean Elena could kill us all " 

"This is different, Caroline"- Bonnie said- "unlike Esther, Alicia didn't use dark magic to create a hunter - she just triggered her existing gene. Elena was meant to be a hunter, same as us witches, we lose our powers if we become vampires, so Elena had to be human again, so the hunter in her could be brought forward" 

"And you just trust that Original witch, Esther was an Original witch. That didn't turn out good."-Caroline said. 

"And I am not messed up? Look at me Caroline!-I almost died" -she paused and then said -" my grandma was right - and my mum- just wouldn't listen- I thought I knew it all"- 

"So you trust that witch?" 

"We have nothing now. Since the Cure is taken and Silas will not let go until he gets it, and there is no Cure to get anymore- and the only chance to kill him is on Saturday- as it is the exact full moon on the exact same day the immortality spell was done, this is when we are able to reverse it and he will be an ordinary vampire and Elena can kill him." 

"Why did she keep Elena away from us, she must have manipulated Elena into doing so, or Elijah did, and all of a sudden she is in love with Elijah, I don't buy it?!"