Chapter One

*****DISCLAIMER*********

I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE DC COMIC/ DC UNIVERSE CHARACTERS IN THIS STORY. THEY BELONG TO THE OWNERS/CREATORS OF THE DC UNIVERSE. I DO NOT WISH TO PROFIT OFF ANY OF THE DC UNIVERSE CHARACTERS IN THIS STORY.

A/N: Not very good with those ^^, lol still getting the hang of it. Enjoy, if you like it remember to vote and recommend to a friend. Comments are always a good thing, thanks guys, tips are always welcome too.

         Princess Diana sat alone on the very same part of the island where she was created. She often found herself alone, or in the company of the animals that roamed Themyscira. She loved her Amazonian sisters more than anything in the world and, they, of course loved her too. She just kept herself at a distance; she didn’t fully understand why the Gods chose her to be different. Diana was more beautiful and much more powerful than any of the other Amazons. The other Amazons weren’t at all intimidated by her beauty; they regarded her as their sister. They regarded her as their Princess.

“Why do I always seem to find you alone on this part of the island, child?” Queen Hippolyta asked, approaching her only daughter.

            Diana turned to face her mother, her face blank of emotion. “I find peace here, it’s comforting.”

            “Do you mind if I sit and share this peace with you?” Hippolyta asked a gentle smile on her pleasant face.

            “Of course you can. May I ask what brought you here?” Diana questioned, her eyes never leaving her mother’s face.

            “You brought me here, Diana, why do you not continue to train with your sisters? Why have you begun to distance yourself from them? You have been breathing for almost eighteen years now. You must know how to protect yourself efficiently. I couldn’t live if anything were to happen to you.” Hippolyta replied, confessing what she’d been worrying about since Diana stopped training at the age of 15.

            “Mother, please stop it. You know that I am more than able to protect myself. I am the most powerful person on this island. Training is useless, there is no challenge, and I excel at every combat with or without a weapon. I can feel my powers getting stronger the closer I get to my eighteenth year of life. My sisters do not stand a chance against me. I can’t train with them, it’s too easy, and I won’t be able to push myself to my limits without hurting them. The Gods made sure that I would be as lethal as I want to be, it isn’t a problem for me to protect myself, my sisters, you, or my home. Maybe that is my purpose, to protect Themyscira,” replied Diana, a slow, small, smile spreading across her face at her new epiphany.

            The Queen smiled at her daughter “Diana, you could be right. The Gods didn’t make you extraordinary for nothing. I agree with you on your thoughts of training also, you are an excellent fighter. The best I’ve seen out of any of us. I apologize if it seems I doubted you, believe me, I would never, I’ve seen the Gods bless you myself, dear. Let’s go back to the village to watch your sisters’ train. Maybe you could help train them to be better? It’s a lot more productive than sitting by the shore alone, pondering your existence.”

            The girl laughed, “You’re right mother. It would be an honor to train them. I will teach them everything I know, and even though they’ll never match my power, I will train them to be a force to be reckoned with to any foe of the Amazons.”  Diana stated with a hint of pride in her voice.