Blue Clouds

They walked a little farther, with Moya's torch leading the way as they walked carefully over the rocks and fallen branches. Yako was listening intently as the other told him more about the forest.

There was only one specific path, and if you didn't follow it, the forest would reform itself repeatedly until you were trapped forever.

— "Here we are.". Moya sighed, wrapping a piece of leather around his torch to get out.

— "We did it."

They went out into the vast clearing, and Yako had to blink a couple of times to get his eyes used to the brightness of the place and adjust to the sudden glow. When he could see again, he looked up at the bright blue sky, more vivid than anything he had ever seen before.

— "Day? But I thought it was night. It was so dark inside the forest."
In his confusion, he turned, but what had been an endless maze of trees and vineyards just seconds before had completely disappeared, and they were now in the middle of a wide field. He blinked again and again.

— "You will realize that time doesn't follow the proper rules here." Moya explained, and the other looked back at him.

Now they were in broad daylight he could really see the boy in front of him. He was relatively small, and his clothes were the most contrasting thing in the whole environment there. The greenish-haired boy was wearing light washed jeans rolled up to the top of his shins, totally didn't matching with his shirt, which appeared to have been removed from a late eighteenth century's painting. It was something unique and singular, just as his shimmering greenish hair, which seemed to sparkle even more in the daylight.

— "You said you would help me discover how did i get here."

Moya nodded, gesturing for Yako to follow him.

— "I'm taking you somewhere special so you can remember all the things."

They then set off in a specific direction, where nothing could be seen but the vast horizon, but Moya seemed to be sure of the way.
As they walked, little blue vapors fell from the sky and rested around their feet in a way that soon the ground they were stepping was totally replaced by a hazy cloud.

— "It is good, isn't it?" Moya smiled and the other nodded. – "Nothing makes me feel as light as walking in the air."
He reached down and took a cloud with his hands.

— "And it's so soft too. I like to paint with it. Of course, the only color is blue, but there are many things I can do with blue."

Yako also took a handful of blue clouds. It felt like cotton, just lighter, softer. He let out a breath of amazement as he molded a butterfly into the cloud, and it started to fly. Moya watched everything with a lovely expression.

— "You know," he said, absently throwing a cloud he was holding. – "When I first saw you, I thought you were cold, but I was wrong. You're very warm."

— "People always tell me this." Yako muttered as he molded another piece of butterfly cloud. It flew to join the first. – "They don't bother looking through what they first see in you."
Moya only muttered, agreeing.