Pink Sea

Moya smiled and reached for the other's hand only then to toss a handful of cloud below his nose.

— "Cloud mustache!"

— "What the- " Yako sneezed loudly, tearing his cloud mustache as well as clearing the clouds in front of them so that they could walk on solid ground again.

Moya laughed. He reached out and grabbed Yako's hand again.

— "Come."

They continued walking until there was no more floor to walk. For a while they stood, staring at the impending cliff in the inaccessible land far below.

— "And now?".

The greenish took a deep breath and looked at Yako.

— "We take a jump of faith."

And without hesitation, he jumped, pulling the other with him.

When Yako finally stopped screaming in fear, it was because he felt the wind below him, pushing his body up and forward. His jaw dropped and he looked at Moya with eyes wide open, then they both laughed.

— "Close your mouth or the birds will come in!".

Moya spread his arms and legs, closing his eyes in contentment, sliding through the air as the breeze carried them. Yako laughed in disbelief and copied him, stunned as he felt the air through his hair and against his face.

In that instant, he felt more weightless than he ever had in his life.

Eventually, the excitement faded, and the two slid side by side, enjoying the relaxing sensation.

When suddenly a song starts playing, a soft, beautiful melody that makes them want to smile and cry at the same time. Yako looked around for the source of the sound, but seemed to be coming from everywhere.

— "Do you hear that?" He asked. Moya nodded. – "Looks... so familiar."

Moya said nothing, just took his hand and flew them until they landed slowly on the floor.

He looked around. They were on what looked like a beach, except that the water was calm and the sand had a different texture than it normally should have. The water was also a pale pink to match the sky, and he couldn't tell where the water ends and the sky begins. Moya led them to a small boat, they entered and descended into the water. Or was it the sky? They did not know. They floated among the stars.

The music still echoed in the background, faint but steady. Yako liked it.

— "Where are we now?". He asked. Moya paused.

— "Sea of ​​Memories."

He sighed, and turned his gaze to the vast pale expanse of the sea. Or sky?

— "I could never stay alone, you know," Moya suddenly said, putting the oars down. – "But I was getting used to it here. And then you came along."

— "I'm so sorry?" Yako tried to answer, still not understanding what he was talking about.

— "No, that is not bad. It's actually a good thing, really good."

And they plunged into a sea of ​​silence whose current carried fishes of a breed called discomfort that swam freely between their bodies. Until one question brought them back to reality, or at least part of it.

— "Who are you"? He asked.

Moya sighed and said

— "You must stay here, Yako."

— "What?".

— "We can stay here, in this world where anything can happen. What do you say?"

Yako sat down, frowning.

— "Moya, I don't even know what this place is or even if it is real. I just want to know the truth. You said you would help me with that."

— "Haven't you figured it out yet?" Moya's eyes closed, and he sat up straight, pulling his hair with his hands. – "You still don't remember, do you?"

And he thought. He thought as hard as he could. His head aching of how much he thought and then he finally could see little fragments of a slightely ruined memory.