Meeting Shax

(Kyra: human form)

For over an hour I waited for Kallum to show but he never. I told myself that he stood me up. My own best friend actually stood me up! And there's nothing worse than being stood up, no matter if it was your best friend, right?

I groaned to myself in frustration. How dare he, out of all times, stand me up?

I couldn't understand why I was getting so overwhelmed. I mean, he could've just been late and there was me calling him all the names under the sun. 

I forced myself to wait a further half hour before my toes turned and I began stalking away from the lake.

When I made my way through the dark forest, I kept picturing my dad at my brother's side, pointing and laughing at me; slapping me across my face. Never, even when I was a child, had my dad lifted a hand to me. My mum would surely be turning in her grave if she knew. And those wolves. I mean, those stupid, pathetic and scrawny little wolves actually attempted to attack me? And they made me faint?

Suddenly I stopped. I took a few deep breathes before letting my angry thoughts run further on the treadmill; the gradient of my flesh becoming hotter and hotter.

Why couldn't I phase? Was I that feeble that I couldn't even do so? I mean, how hard could it actually have been to change your human body into a wolf? Not that hard... Well, now that I thought more logically about it, of course it was. But it should've came natural to me. Like Kallum said: I was different!

I closed my eyes, inhaled then found that my feet were carrying through the moss which veined up my legs. Again my avoidance of the trees was as always, very plausible, and I wasn't even in my wolf form.

I picked up a scent, a familiar scent which was putting faces in my mind.

Kallum?

 I followed it.

Not only was my mind on a treadmill, but my legs were too now. I couldn't control my pace. I just kept running and running. I thought maybe I better stop and rest, but I never felt fatigued enough. Again I was running even faster than before and when, in the middle of nowhere, there was a waterfall which broke the side of the land I was running on, to the other, I didn't stop. My eyes widened into saucers, and my mouth fell agape when my body lunged forward and made it's way for the impossible jump.

When in the air, I knew I was going to fail miserably to do so. I was going to die, I told myself.

BOOM!

I heard an explosion; boom ba-boom, boom ba-boom, ba-boom, ba-boom, ba-boom!

Before I knew it, I was on the other side across from the waterfall. I gasped; my chest heaving visibly and when I turned my head around to view the distance of which I just covered, I felt a refreshing feeling of the wind blow against my skin, but it wasn't skin I could feel. I felt as if my hair was covering my entire face. I attempted to move it, but I couldn't. I looked down, and like I was being reunited with a lost loved one, I howled. I had finally phased, and I wasn't experiencing the four phases all at once either.

Finally! I wanted to howl at the moon but I restrained myself when I heard Kallum talk inside my head.

"Remember to keep a low profile, I said."