The Discovery of the She Wolf

The Discovery of The She Wolf.

(Kallum)

News reached me last night when twilight had passed and dusk loomed ahead. At first I never believed it; the stories and the romours. It seemed impossible, at first. But then I realised... I was there!

Amoux had kept me by his side almost each second of the day. I was his little shiny toy, and I knew this; his plans for me were to spy on Shax and the Outsider's pack. But what Amoux didn't know was that in actuality I was really a double spy, however my heart had been and always would remain loyal to Shax. Playing on both sides was a very dangerous job; it would take an extremely artful and dexterous predator to do what I was able to do. But I had to be like this. It was all part of my training, for this territory was truly and indeffinately a dog eat dog world. And for eternity I would be forsaken in it.

Amoux knew I was the best of the best, therefore he kept me at bay a lot of the time. Or so he thought. He was growing more suspicious by the minute. I had arrived late one afternoon at their quarters. Amoux and a few of his emaciated wolves gathered around me, interogating my whereabouts. I simply replied that I was hunting down a wandering, deaf wolf which Shax was trying to accumulate. Amoux seemed impressed. I told him of the grey wolf, and his qualities, and that he had many scars from ancient battles; his gnawed ears being one of the major factors. What I didn't tell Amoux, though, was of the real reasons I was in the meadow. At first I thought it was nothing, just some poor wolf fighting with it's elder, but then I heard the cry of a human. This was where I stopped on my tracks, and hid in the grass for further inspection of the human. And I was right, it was a human. A pale boy. From what I heard previously, this man had just endures masses of what I called raw shapeshifting.

I hid further down in the grass, my spine holding censure together with my body, and watched the human try to rise up numerously from the Earth but in the end it was evident that this process could not be furthered, and he failed -- eventually falling down on the soil.

I was about to go and offer assistance to the human, when suddenly Kyra's wolf appeared. She, too, inspected the wolf, before manoeuvring the human upon her back and cantering away into the trees. I sighed and began walking in the opposite direction, thinking about how much I missed her. It hurt being torn away from he so unexpectedly. But I couldn't see her, not now. Shax had forbade it. Even the thought of that made my stomach repel in disgust. I yearned to see her again.

I thought Kyra had gone by unnoticed but suddenly out came a wolf from the shadows. He panted and stared at me - his tongue drooling out from his mouth. I recoginised him immediately from his scarred ears, and his pale, white eyes. It was the wandering grey wolf.

"Did you see her, too?" asked the voice in an unnatural ecstatic tone. I considered lying when I faced him. I even contemplated fighting with him. Unfortunately he was not alone, for out from the shadows as well came three other wolves. Before I could cover up for Kyra or even attack, the wolves began to sing the song of Discovery. This song brought each pack member into recollection, and it didn't take long before every wolf in the forest knew The She Wolf had been found. I couldn't believe it -- Kyra had been found out in the matter of seconds?

Thy She Wolf has been found, ended their song.

(Kyra)

"And where are you creeping off too?" Luna cried, analysing me with her distrustful eyes.