I picked up the baseball bat with confidence. This is fun. Why? Because I like hitting people and I'm sure they won't hit me back. I smirked as I stepped out of the bathroom and began my walk down the hall to the last door. "Boys..." I called in a sing-song tone just before I reached the door. Har stepped out first and without even thinking about it, I used all the energy in my body to swing the bat, and it collided with his head violently. Har slumped to the ground and I smiled at that. I raised the bat to hit him again, just so he wouldn't wake up and grab me by my ankles. But just as I was about to do that, the piercing sound of a bullet erupted throughout the house. Oh Fuck!

I looked down, I wasn't dead.

When I looked back up I found Boris, his face twisted into pure anger and rage, and his arm stretched out horizontally, with his gun to my face. I stared at the nozzle of the gun and swallowed hard. This was not my plan. Yes, I could've had a more thought-out plan than hitting one while the other carried a weapon, but in my defense, I was too overcome by fear to even think clearly.

I dropped the bat just as Boris reached for me by my collar and pulled me along into the room, not caring that I almost tripped on his knocked-out friend. I really hope he stays knocked out for a while. At this moment, it's two against one. Well, one and a half against one.

I cringed slightly when I spotted Kol. He was tied up to a chair, the rope being the only thing keeping him from completely tumbling over. His face bore the cruel marks of a merciless beating, every inch of it marred with bruises and wounds. Blood trickled from a gash on his forehead, matting his hair. His eyes, swollen nearly shut, only screamed a silent plea for help. I was momentarily distracted by everything that was going on when I looked at Kol, but I came right back when I remembered the gun that was being pointed straight at me.

"Daniel, what the fuck are you doing?" he sounded angry--the word 'fuck' was emphasized in his sentence. I smiled at him and then blinked at the gun in front of my face. "You uh you gonna use that? On on on me?" I asked him with furrowed eyebrows.

"You knocked out Har?" he glanced behind me and chuckled. "What do you plan to accomplish? You came to save your boyfriend? Is that it? He's going to die. And so are you."

"Okay, okay, I get it, I screwed up and I sort of deserve to die, and I will, cuz like someone else wants me dead and it won't really be fair to them if you get to kill me instead, right? You could even call him up and both of you kill me together." What the actual fuck am I saying? Shit is just spewing out of my mouth without even getting to my brain first. I groaned inwardly. God, I should die. I talk too much. "Or! Or or or or I could join you, you know. I could be like... Your little errand boy."

Boris glared at me for a moment then a wicked smile appeared on his face. He took out another gun from his back and then passed it to me. With the first gun still facing me, he said, "Kill him and you live." I grasped the gun and stared at it for a while. Kill Kol and I would be spared. My life would be spared if I took one. I bit my bottom lip and then glanced up at Kol. He's already knocked out, he probably won't even feel it. He'll die in peace, right? There'll be little to no pain. Right?

"And don't try anything, because I'll kill you before you could even think about it," Boris said to me. I breathed in, then out, and my eyes went back to the gun. I can't shoot, Kol. I'll be a murderer. I do a lot of shit in my life, but I've never killed someone. I'm not cut out for that if I'm being frank. I might put up a tough exterior, but I was far from being the biggest or baddest; it was all an act, a facade I'd built to survive.

My hand shook as I held the gun, its icy touch weighing me down. The room felt suffocating, like it was closing in on us. Kol's eyes, a desperate blend of fear and hope, bore into mine, silently begging for a miracle. My heart raced, the thumping sound overwhelming my senses.