I: Caffeine

THE CAFE WINDOW WAS DECORATED with an exquisite painting of the falls, the water painted in such a way that it looked to be moving rapidly down the rocks, playing a trick on the eyes of everyone that walked past and cared to spare a glance at the extravagantly detailed art. At the time, 07:00, the sun's light hit the water, illuminating the lighter shades and making the painting even more hypnotic. The water was a mix of blue, green, and off-white colors, creating a blissful contrast to the orange, pink, and purple sky above, which imitated a sunset. The painting was made with marvelous technique, as noticed by the oh-so-handsome observer.

The window on the opposite side of the door, however, was littered with numerous different drawings. There was a baby blue organized basket of EXPO markers underneath it, filled with multiple colors and shades. Anyone walking past could sketch whatever they pleased, and they did. Every night, the window was washed so that more drawings could be made. The admirer picked up a marker, gold, and drew a small "M" that was barely noticeable, before going back to stare at the painting.

The window on the door had the actual name of the café, Swan's. It also had the times and days it was open and the phone number to place orders to pick-up:

Monday - Thursday — 04:30 - 20:00
Friday & Saturday — 04:30 - 22:00
Sunday — 04:30 - 19:00
(804) 555-3791

Above the door was a sizable, white swan. It sat with its neck curved and the large, puffy feathers on its wings standing out. The only color on the swan was on the beak, which was orange. It was outlined in black and had specs of silver glitter throughout the entire painting. It was depicted on a wooden board and hung up above the door the same day the space was bought.

Ebonee smiled at the sight of someone admiring her creative mindset. Her eyes lit up with her sweet grin, her dimples showing brightly. Making people happy in her own special way meant the world to her. The man was someone she had never seen before in this town, and she knew everyone, even if only a small few cared to get to know her. The ones that did know her loved her because she was the kind of woman that always assumed the best of people.

His hair was curly, dark blond, and soft-looking; Ebonee couldn't overlook her strange desire to run her fingers through it, for as much as she despised to admit it, she was a hopeless romantic. His cheekbones were accentuated, and a smirk seemed to be his resting face. His jawline was straighter than a ruler with almost invisible stubble covering his cheeks and jaw. She couldn't make out his eyes, but his body language suggested he liked the painting, which pleased Ebonee.

She looked back to her task at hand, washing a table that was recently abandoned. Her wrist flicked back and forth in a circular motion, wiping every inch of the table. She slung the rag over her left shoulder and started to dry the table with a larger cloth. The café was empty, some adults were already at work, but soon the teenagers would be stopping by for coffee before school. Finishing the table, she moved on to the next.

Klaus stared at the woman washing tables. She was the most stunning woman he'd ever seen. Her long, strawberry blonde hair ran down her back in an angelic natural wave, flowing out of her black cap in a ponytail. Her clothes were not revealing, yet her curves were still so elegantly flaunted. She was wearing a black v-neck, brown combat boots, a dark pink apron, and light colored blue jeans. The way she bent over the table to reach the opposite edges showed her unmistakably alluring body shape. He could hear some music playing from inside the café; it sounded like 1970's or 1980's rock, but he didn't know for sure. The decades all mixed together in his mind for some things. He didn't intend on going into the café but stopped to study the beautiful artwork before the beauty he saw inside the building lured him in.