T E N

Levi's POV:

"If I do fall for you, then that's it? You get to walk away from this all fine, meanwhile I'm in the background getting my heart crushed!"

Her words have been replaying in my mind non-stop, it's been three hours. When will it stop?

Hopefully soon.

A strawberry blonde walked in, smile bright on her face. Apparently I wasn't the only one to notice.

"Oi, where have you been Petra?" Oluo asked, his annoying habit of copying me seems to be taking over him.

"Caught in traffic. Sorry."

"You're shit at lying, you know that right?"

"Wh-What...What are you talking about?" She asked, hint of red creeping up on her neck.

"When you lie, you start turning red. So tell me, where were you really?"

Petra sighed, "Fine. I was filling out an application for a secretary job. It's my dream to be a teacher, and so far, I'm one step closer to that."

"So become a substitute teacher." Gunther stated, not bothering looking up from his phone.

I tsked, "Get back to work, you little shits."

The short female co-worker put her stuff up as the others left.

"He calls us little shits, he's only five foot-" Eld hit his back which resulted in Oluo biting his tongue. I rolled my eyes at his statement, my height didn't really bother me that much. Unlike what most people believe. (A/N: *coughs* calling you out @ Levi x Reader fanfics)

My friend walked back in, fixing her short hair, "Hey, Petra."

"Yes Levi?"

"I have a question to ask you."

She sat in front of me, "Shoot."

I sighed, 'Can't believe I'm getting advice.'

"I'm....dating this girl. She's my best friend in fact-"

"Awww." She gushed.

"Can I finish talking? Anyways, I was taking her to work-"

"Do I know her?"

"By the walls, let me finish."

"Are you quoting vines?"

'Ah, fuck you Hanji.'

"Petra! I need advice, so quiet. Anyways, I was taking her to work and she started asking me about our deal. Long story short, she got pissed and I'm pretty sure she's going to kick my ass."

"Woah, woah, woah. I need all the details before I start giving advice."

I sighed for what felt like the thousandth time that day.

•••

Her eyebrows furrowed, not even bothering to hide her shock, "I can't believe that!"

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow at her disbelief.

"Levi, what you're doing is wrong!"

"I'm helping her quit smoking." I stated once again.

"But you're leading her on! What if she falls hard for you? And you're going to feel nothing for her! This isn't right."

"I'm. Helping. Her." I enunciated, picking up my water bottle, screwing the cap off.

"No, you're not. You're just going to break her heart. So here's my advice-"

I stool up abruptly, "Nope, this was a bad idea. I'm not asking for your help."

"Sit down and listen to my advice. And you're going to take it whether you like it or not."

I sat back down, crossing my legs, "Fine, how are you going to help me?"

The strawberry blonde woman clenched her first, "First of all, break off the deal. It's toxic to you both. Second, if you really want to help her, money control. You tell her how much she can spend on things she needs. Not want. So all she'll really need is tampons, toothbrush, and so on."

"Actually I do most of the shopping for us." I cut in.

The woman sighed and sat down, "But finally, what you're going to do is get her professional help. She will need a support group cause it will be hard for her once she quits. And you're going to need to make sure your girlfriend doesn't fall on that bandwagon again. Got it?"

I nodded, taking her words into consideration. She went to stand up, but I grabbed her wrist, looking away.

"Thank you." I muttered.

"You're welcome, I'm here for you, you know?" Her tone was soft.

If I had looked up at that moment, I would have seen that she was smiling at me. But little did I know that she meant more than helping with relationship problems.

A/N: I lied, triple update ;)))))))
Also, your comments crack me up (especially Odds_and_Ends)

Instagram: levihansociety
Published: 02.17.2018
Word Count: 733 words

Edit: over 200 reads on 02.17.2018