Fireworks

Eliza's Pov:

Shit. Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit!!! I did it again. I kissed Maria. On the forehead of course, but all the same. How was she going to react? I'm scared. I look at Maria, but instead of seeing confusion or anger, she is blushing, with a big smile, while tears are still falling. I apologize, but she asks me why I apologize, which makes me grin. Once I got Maria cleaned up, I told Mr. Washington, the head of the school, what had happened, and Maria's troublesome past, and he gave us the day off, and days off when she needed a break to calm down. We are both A+ students, so he let us do this, as long as we continued doing well. I grab Maria's bag and head out the door, my bag on my back, while Maria walks behind me. i jump into my car and wait for her to crawl in. There is silence in the car, until we stop in front of Panera, when just as I was about to open the door, she grabs my hand. I feel fireworks that I had never felt before go off. "Eliza.... I... thank you for this. I don't deserve this. Especially that kiss from earlier, even if it would have been nicer to be on my lips." She looks up, grinning, while I look at her and blush. I giggle, and she quickly leans in and kisses me, this time on the lips. Her soft lips pressed against mine, felt so wonderful, and I accidentally bite her bottom lip a tiny bit. When we pull back, she whispers , "I wanted to return the favor for helping me out." I blush, and we both open our doors, and walk in rather red in the face, to Panera, and into the queue. We pick out what we want, and while waiting, take a seat. Once I grab our lunches, which had just been brought out, we sit down. I am about to splurge how I feel about her, but she asks, "So what are we? No, wrong wording. What does this make us? I don't know about you, but I think I'm falling for you...." I leaned in and kissed her, hopefully answering her question. "Girlfriends." I whisper, as she giggled, blushing heavily, almost as bright as her lipstick.

Maria's Pov:

My god. She feels the same way. Hot damn, I am the luckiest girl alive right now. Her lips touched mine pressing, I couldn't get enough. Once we finished our lunches, and went back to the house. We decided to do our homework quickly, but not too rushed, then cook for dinner later. we had a mini flour fight, so we were covered head to toe in it by the time we had finished, and Angelica and Peggy had come through the from door. Angelica giggled asking what we had done, and we made guilty faces, saying in unison, "Nothing Angelica!". We cracked up. I walked slowly towards Peggy, and as she was focusing on something else, I smother her in flour, and Eliza joins me in getting Angelica. We are all laughing now, but we go off our separate ways, except for me and Eliza, to go take baths. I decide to go to the bath first, leaving the door unlocked, just in case something happened. I added bubble bath to the bathwater, and stripped down, getting into the bath rather slowly. After a while, I've settled in the warm, soothing water, I get a terrible flashback. James. I was in the bath tub, and I heard the front door to the house open. James was back, and I could tell he was drunk. Suddenly, the bath room door swings wide open, and James stands drunken in the doorway. He grabs my wrists and yanks me out of the bathtub, and drags me to his room. He starts to touch me and I kick and scream for help, but he just slaps me. I bite him on the arm, but he is numb. Instead of hitting me, he grabs his knife. A knife I knew far too well. In a flash, I feel an excruciating pain surge to my thigh and abdomen. (Flashback ends) I look around, realizing I had been screaming, to see Angelica, Peggy and Eliza in the doorway, worried. I start to cry and Eliza asks for the girls to leave. She runs to my side, as I sob, using her shoulder to rest my head on. I explain to her the flashback and why I screamed. Once I calmed down, Eliza stepped towards the door, but I grabbed her hand. "Stay?" She nods and sits by the bath tub, keeping me company. When I finish bathing, and just as I grab for my towel, I slip into Eliza's arms, and we fall to the ground. My naked body, soaking wet, soaked her robe. We lay there, in a moment of silence, and realizing that I was still on her, get off. I feel fireworks as I now stare at her, and blush. She quickly gives me her bathrobe, and jumps into the bathtub, water still there, filled with bubbles.