Lost boy

Now you may begin to think him childish but you must remember he wasn't raised the same as you.  

  Childish or not that night after his parents finally went to bed (don't ask me why grownups take so long to get to bed while they tell you to go to bed at a certain time) he snuck down to the kitchen and snitched some food (a trick picked up from the mischievous boys at Eton) wrapped it a few pairs of clothes and as a last thought his alarm clock (because he didn't have a pocket watch so how else was he supposed to check the time) in a bundle and climbed out of the window in his bedroom and onto a tree outside of it and quick as can be shimmied down it (another trick picked up at school).  

  And so he was out alone in the universe and he thought without a care in the world however if you think about it for a bit the question was where he would lodge and where he would obtain food after his meager supplies would run out?  

  But these thoughts did not plague his mind as he wandered thru London until he got lost. When he realized he was lost he got himself more lost by trying to find his way. But after a few hours, he wandered in the darkest part of town where you would occasionally hear a cat's yowl or a child crying.  

  Alright now, let's duck into this alley right here. Quite dirty, don't you think? And, ugh, what is that a dead cat beside the garbage just a way up? No, just a pile of dirty rags. Wait a moment, what's that? Footsteps. Where is it coming from? Hullo, look behind us! The reason has just turned into this alley. Oh, it's just Pherick.  

  Our little hero was now having a miserable time and was wishing he hadn't run away. For he had the uncanny feeling someone was watching him which was true but now as he turned into this alley our eyes aren't the only ones watching him and the brains behind those other eyes meant no good for the lad.  

  Ah, see what I mean? A gang of nasty boys has just appeared from cracks and crannies in the alley. Shall we tune in?  

  "Who are you, little crybaby?" said the leader and the nastiest of these boys.  

  Pherick frowned and tilted his head. " Pherick Bellanger. And unless you're blind or crying yourself you can tell that I haven't been and I'm taller than most of you."  

  "What's that in the sack?" The mean boy growled.  

  Pherick shifted the sack in question into his right hand and prepared to run. "None of your business."  

  The boys hooted and tried snatching it from him but he dodged and ran as fast as his legs could carry him. The boys at first slowly chased him growling at him like a lion and howling like wolves to frighten him but then they realized he was a quick runner and was getting away started to go faster and caught him with great difficulty then took the sack and would have done more damage had a boy about Pherick's age dressed in clothes that looked like they were made out of leafs not suddenly flew into the fray and beat the boys back with his fists.  

  The mean boy where of course not expecting this and when you're surprised you end up not doing so well in a fight so of course, the results were the flying boy was able to chase them away.  

  Pherick watched in amazement and was too shocked to register that that little light that flew towards him and pushed him out of the reach of the fray was a fairy. 

 When the flying boy had finished laughing and calling after the retreating boys he suddenly remembered Pherick (who was picking up his sack). The boy turned and smiled at him showing a set of beautiful white baby teeth.

  "I saw you ran away. Why?"  

  Pherick looked at the boy in surprise. The way he had been taught was when you first meet someone you usually introduced yourself and to break the ice comment on something like the weather.  

  "Aren't you going to answer?"  

  Pherick swallowed back his annoyance and said "My parents didn't want me anymore. They were talking about when I'll grow up but I don't want to grow up."  

  The boy's eyes flashed with excitement and he grabbed Pherick's arm.  

  "Let's go then."  

  "Where?" Pherick didn't like this rude boy.  

  "To Neverland!"  

  "Neverland?! Where's that? Who are you?"  

  The boy paused and looked at Pherick in annoyance.  

  "I already told you that."  

  "No, you didn't," Pherick pointed out practically.  

  The boy's eyes darkened.  

  "Yes, I did."  

  Pherick decided to play it safe.  

  "My apologies, I suppose you did. But could you tell me again? I'm a bit slow."  

  The boy's eyes brightened again and he quickly explained.  

 "My name is Peter Pan and I am the leader of the lost boys and king of Neverland! Neverland is a place where you never ever grow up."  

  "Never ever grow up?!" Pherick gasped.  

  "Yes, now let's go!"  

  "How? I can't fly!"  

  The boy (or now as we know him Peter Pan) looked puzzled.  

  "Can't fly? Just do it."  

  "But I can't," Pherick explained, "I've tried."  

  Peter let go of Pherick and sat down and thought over this for a few minutes while the fairy flew around his head and Pherick wondered how the boy wasn't getting dizzy until he jumped up with an "ah-ha!" and grabbed the fairy and shook it over Pherick's head.  

  Pherick coughed and sneezed as a gold dust fell over him and tried to bat it away with his hand.  

  "Stop that! What are you doing?"  

  Peter stopped and said "Now! Think of a happy thought!"  

  "This is ridiculous! Why should I?" Pherick sputtered.  

  Peter frowned. "Do you want to go to Neverland or not?"  

  Pherick sighed that searched his mind for a happy thought. He decided a swim on a hot day would do nicely and then started with surprise and nearly fell when he saw things were beginning to go downwards and him upwards!  

  "There you go. Now the second star to the right and straight on 'till morning!" Peter said flying up to him and grabbing his arm.  

Second star to the right of what? Pherick thought but decided not to say anything and just follow Peter.