Chapter 12

Hermione

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I watched the scene unfold right in front of my own eyes. It was very surprising considering Harry told me he had gotten over Ginny. It felt painful to watch the man I love dearly kiss someone else right in front of me.

Harry pulled away and his eyes dart to me as I continued to cry even more, I felt so... lonely and empty. How could he do this to me? I trusted him and loved him. All those time we spent together was nothing to him?

Harry looked at me, horror evident in his face. He tries to walk over to me but Ginny blocks him, muttering a few words which made Harry stop.

"Hermione! It's not what it looks like," he says on the verge of tears.

I felt so betrayed.

He cheated on me with Ginny Weasley.

Harry

I was on the verge of tears, I couldn't bear the fact of losing Hermione, I can't. I love her and she's the only one that lights up my world. It may sound cheesy but she has stolen my heart.

"Save it, Harry. We're over." she replies, with a pained expression as she wipes away her tears.

She ran away, while Ron quickly followed her before sending me a glare. I ran my hands through my messy brown hair, feeling frustrated. I take a step backwards until my back hits the wall as I slowly and gently hit the ground.

Tears eventually rolled down my cheeks, it hurts so much to lose the one you love. She left.

Ginny bit her lip but didn't dare walk towards me, she left the room slowly without a word.

And here I am, all alone.

Hermione

I went outside to the Black Lake, sitting under the tree that is Harry and I's usual spot. As I rest my head on the tree I sob softly. I felt someone sit next to me and I turn to see Ron looking at me sadly.

I sigh as a single tear escapes my eyes, "I feel so betrayed."

He leans closer and wraps an arm around me hoping that it would at least give comfort. However it did not work. It still felt painful.

"Ron, thank you," I mumble, smiling painfully at him.

He smiles, "It's nothing. Hermione, get over that jerk, I know you'll find someone better than him."

I nod slowly, eventually finding comfort in his hugs. But still, It hurts badly.

The next day...

Harry

I ate alone at the Great Hall, I wanted to distance myself from everyone, I just wanted some space. I sigh deeply as Hermione, once again, came to my mind as I continued to eat.

It has only been a day without her yet I miss her so bad already.

I felt someone slide to the seat next to mine and I turn to see Ginny, nervously biting her lip. I shoot her a glare before going back to eating.

"You happy now? You made me and Hermione lose each other. That's what you want, isn't it?" I say bitterly.

She sighs, "Harry, I realized that what I did is extremely wrong and I'm sorry. I realized that..." she pauses to take a deep breath, "I should let you go and let you be happy with the one you love even though I know that's not me."

I look at her with a shocked expression, "Really?"

She nods, "I'm letting you go. I'm sorry, I promise to help you get Hermione back."

I manage to put on a smile, "Thank you, Ginny..."

She smiles and gives me a light hug, "It's the right thing to do," she pulls away, "Just remember, I'm always here, waiting."