3 || Mistletoes

Hermione nervously shuffled in her seat as she waited for her date to come. It was only fifteen minutes before the ball, and she has been worried that Harry would still be getting ready, resulting to them being late.

She perked up when she heard footsteps coming down from the stairs. It was Ron. In a frilly, pink, dress robes. Hermione successfully hid a laugh, remembering her former time with Ginny about her choice of dress.

"Have you seen Lavender?" Ron asked.

Ever since Ron admitted to Hermione that she would want their relationship to stay as close friends, Hermione respected him. But with Ron now fancying Lavender Brown, she couldn't help but feel slightly jealous...and hurt.

"No" She answered "But, is Harry still upstairs" Hermiome had a weird feeling that Ron was the last person in their dorm room.

"I don't know" He answered "He disappeared. Literally"

Hermione scrunched her face in confusion. She gave up and strolled to the Great Hall with Ron, hoping to find their dates before the Ball starts.

/( | )\

"Three more minutes!" McGonagall declared "And the Ball will start! All Champions please line up! Come on now. Hurry up"

Fleur Delacour and Fifth-Year Micheal Corner was the first in line, second was Viktor Krum and Fourth-Year Slytherin, Astoria Greengrass, Cedric Diggory and Cho Chang third, then lastly, Harry Potter.

Harry stood behind Cedric and Cho. He drummed his fingers over the thin film of plastic that wrapped the fresh, white, bouquet of lilies.

"Give the girl some flowers" Harry remembered his godfather's last piece of advice.

"She will come. Hermione always had" He thought.

Two running footsteps caught the Champions' attention, but Harry plainly stared at the wall, deep on his thoughts.

Ron and Hermione appeared. Stopped by the stairs. Ron grinned and ran up to the waiting Lavender.

And Hermione, stared at her date. She could feel her heart jump at the sight of him. Well dressed, all too handsome, the same messy hair, a bouquet of lilies in his hand, which Hermiome presumed, was for her.

Cedric Diggory decided to help "Hey" He tapped Harry "Hey, mate. Your date's here"

Harry snapped out of his thoughts and quickly turned around. Hermione covered her mouth as she giggled softly. Harry was as red as Ron's hair.

Maybe even redder.

Hermione went down the last few steps and hurried over to her date, who in turn, smiled nervously.

"Is that for me?" She asked, eyeing the lilies.

"What?" Harry said "O-Oh! Yeah. Yes. Um. For you, 'Mione" He gave her the flowers.

Hermione smiled and said "Thank you" before hooking her arms to his.

Harry stared at her for seconds before the door opened, revealing the magnificent Great Hall.

Harry and Hermione gaped in awe. The walls were wrapped with crystal icicles, the tables were matted with silver silk, and a large, decorated, Christmas Tree stood in the far end.

The Great Hall turned into a Winter Wonderland.

"Let the Yule Ball commence!" Dumbledore stated and clapped his hands twice.

The Champions and their dates went to the cleared dance floor. Hermione, who was very experienced in dancing, was ready. On the other hand, Harry doesn't even remember which hand to hold.

"This is worse than dancing with Professor McGonagall" Harry thought.

"Harry" Hermione spoke "Your left hand should be on mine. And. Your right hand...on my waist"

Harry stampered "S-Sorry. My bad"

Hermione smiled. She took his left hand to her, and placed his right hand on her waist. Harry just stared at her face, her beautiful face.

Professor Flitwick tapped his wand on the stand, and turns to the orchestra.

"I don't think I'm ready for this" Harry said.

"Me neither" Hermione replied.

Then, they danced.

At first, Harry was a mess. He would step on Hermione's foot once in a while, or stumble in a weird way.

But Hermione gave him the help he needed. He guided him by means of talking to him. Whispering calming words.

In the end, Harry made perfect composture.

/( | )\

"I knew you could do it"

Hermione thought that it would be a wonderful night for a stroll. The sky was clear, the stars are twinkling, and the full moon was gleaming brightly.

"It's the first time I've danced, actually" Harry admitted, color rising to his cheeks.

Hermione smiled "And you were amazing back there"

Harry smiles back "It's because you helped me"

They stopped by the Black Lake, and sat underneath a willow tree.

"I don't know if I should bright this up but..." Harry hesitated.

"What is it?" Hermione whispered "You could tell me"

Harry looked at her "I think there's going to be a war. And I'm worried about everyone. Ron, Sirius, the Professors, the Weasleys...and You! I'm worried about you, Hermione. You are so important to me and I'm too much-"

Hermione placed a finger to his lips "Shhhh" She whispered "It's going to be fine, Harry"

Harry was losing his breath. Carefully, Hermione wrapped her arms around him, calming him down. Silence was clouding the atmosphere. But it wasn't awkward, it was nice.

"It's going to be okay, Harry..."

Fireflies were hovering over the thick, snowy grass, illuminating the white blankets. The wind was cool, but not cold. Hogwarts was still lit with golden candles, the glow reflected in the lake.

Nothing else compares this night to the both of them.

"Oh, look!" Hermione pointed upwards "Mistletoe"

Harry looked up. One of the branches of the willow tree had a red ribbon looped around it. And a bundle of mistletoe was tied with it.

"It's just so cartoonic. Having a mistletoe when-" Hermione stops when she realized that their faces were only inches from each other.

Hermione stared at his eyes, his hypnotic green eyes. She got lost in them.

So lost, that she didn't realize...

...they just kissed.