4 || Gossips

It seemed like the atmosphere changed between them since the kiss, but Harry showed no trace of emotion the next day.

But his face said it all. Wide eyes, flushed cheeks, and trembling lips.

"I just kissed my best friend!" He thought, his mind screaming.

He smartly avoided everyone and kept his head low so that no one would notice his awkward mood. But his luck ran out when Ron reaches him by the corridors.

"What's wrong with you, mate?! I've been calling your name for a hundred times!" Ron stated quite angrily.

"S-Sorry, Ron. I'm just...preoccupied" He answered, his head down low.

"Preoccupied?! Since when had you became preoccupied from your best friend?!" Ron retorted loudly.

Harry chose silence.

Ron turned started to leave, but stopped to his tracks and turned back to Harry darkly "It's about the kiss, isn't it?"

This time, Harry brought his head up.

"The bloody kiss that gossips turned on about. It's true, isn't it?"

Harry couldn't speak. He was too frozen.

Ron had enough in his mind.

Roughly, he slammed Harry to the wall. Many students turned to watch. And soon, a crowd was formed around them.

"IT'S TRUE, ISN'T IT?!" Ron screeched.

"Yes it's true! It's all true!" Harry replied harshly.

Ron pulled his wand from his robes "HOW DARE YOU?! YOU KNEW THAT I STILL LIKED HERMIONE! I TOLD YOU BEFORE ALL...THIS CAME!"

The library was quiet, until something rang. Hermione heard a commotion coming from the corridors. And he recognized Ron's screaming voice.

As fast as she could, she ran outside the library. She turned right, and found a crowd of students circling around a spectacle.

"I ONLY TOOK LAVENDER TO MAKE HER JEALOUS!"

"She was hurt, Ron! You told her that you only wanted to be friends with her! You shouldn't have done that in the first place! You shouldn't have experimented on her feelings!"

"WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?! SHE LIKES YOU, POTTER! NOT ME, YOU!"

As soon as Hermione bursted through the crowds, she found two wands pulled out. Before anything was fired, Hermione ran in front of them.

"Stop!" But it was too late.

"STUPEFY!" They both shot.

Two beams of furious red light shot in the air. But instead of collision, it hits person.

The Stunning Spell struck Hermione. Twice. The spell was all too powerful for her. She fell to the ground, unconscious.

Harry dropped his wand, and kneeled down beside her. He embraced her limp body to his, mumbling shaky apologies.

"Make way! Make way!" Snape's voice echoed "What is the matter here?"

"Granger got stunned, Professor Snape" Blaise Zabini stated "By Potter and Weasley"

"Which Weasley?"

"The youngest boy, sir"

Snape sneered at Harry before ordering him to take her to the Hospital Wing. Harry quickly obeyed and carried Hermione to the school's infirmary.

/( | )\

Hermione woke up with a headache. Tiredly, she sat up and looked around. She was in the Hospital Wing.

But she couldn't remember anything being in this state. Nothing.

"Hermione! You're awake!" A voice exclaims "Thank Godric!"

Two arms wrapped around her. Two, unfamiliar arms.

"Hermione?"

She turns to the speaker. It was a boy with jet-black hair, emerald green eyes, round glasses, and a lightning scar on his forehead.

She felt something inside of her.

To this boy.

But...

Hermione doesn't know him.

"W-Who are you?" She stuttered.

/( | )\

"She was obliviated, Professor Dumbledore"

"Obliviated?! Why on Merlin's name would someone do something like that to a student?!"

"Calm down, Minerva. We first must really do our priorities and get Miss Granger her memories back"

The voices conversing behind him faded slowly as Harry's gaze fell to Hermione.

She was in deep slumber after Madam Pompfrey gave her a Sleeping Draught. Her small figure lay peacefully on the hospital bed.

"We must inform her parents about the incident" McGonagall stated "They deserve to know what happened"

"I will send an owl to the Granger first thing tomorrow morning. In the meantime, let's investigate about whom's fault it was"

/( | )\

"Harry Potter did what?"

"No, it can't be"

"How could he obliviate her?!"

"This is outrageous!"

Ginny Weasley hears this all around Hogwarts. And it enraged her. Their accusations about Harry wasn't true. None of it is true.

Everyone thinks that Harry obliviated Hermione, resulting her to forget everything about herself and everyone.

Ginny turns sharply to the gossiping students behind her, and in a high-pitched voice, she shrieked thunderously.

"HARRY DIDN'T OBLIVIATE HER, YOU DAFT HIPPOGRIFFS!"

The corridor silenced.

The three fourth year Hufflepuffs who were in front of her were frozen in place. Ginny's tantrum was a horrific one. The three Hufflepuffs scrambled away.

Everyone was staring at her, with terrified expressions.

"WHAT ARE YOU ALL LOOKING AT?!" She boomed "MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!"

Students began speaking once more, and everything was awkwardly returning back to normal.