Prologue ~ Lost Memory?

First Person POV ~ Sasuke Uchiha

Stumbling through this damn forest wasn't doing shit for me. I couldn't find my way back out of the ruffage that I had gotten myself lost in. The worst thing was that it was getting dark...

Pushing my hand through my hair I had finally gave up and sat up against a tree, groaning my frustration out. "Dammit.." I mumbled to myself, throwing my head back and looking up at the darkening sky above me through the foliage of the tall trees. The stars had started to come out and I couldn't see much around me any more, I decided that it was probably best to stick where I was for the night. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, calming my nerves even if they didn't show in my facial features.

I took up a comfortable position against the tree and put my hands in my lap, taking deep breaths, trying to go to sleep. A snap to my left made me alert, my eyes opening quickly, I looked around in wonder of what the noise was, but this was the forest. It was probably just an ani-

"Hmmm, I'm almost there!" My train of thought was cut off as a light feminine voice carried through the trees.

"Who's there?" I stood up quickly, on guard and alert as I tried to let my eyes adjust to the dark surrounding. I saw a shape move and stepped back.

"Hmm? I'm Sakura Haruno... Who are you? Should I be worried about getting attacked?" She giggled and then spotted my shape, my eyes had adjusted enough to the dark now that I could see the girl pretty clearly. She reached into the basket she was carrying and grabbed a glowstick, cracking it so she could see better.

"Hn.. Sasuke Uchiha." I said with a monotone tone to my voice. I studied her figure, starting from her feet and making my way to her shapely hips and strangely coloured hair with my eyes. She had sparkling emerald eyes and soft pink hair, she was.. Unique. But I wasn't going to let her know what I thought.

"Well... Sasuke, are you lost?" Her eyes grew worried as she peered up at me. I nodded my head as she spoke. She looked to the ground and mumbled. "I'm sorry.."

"What do you mean?" I questioned why she was saying she was sorry. With a tilt of my head down at her. She shook her head and then put on a smile.

"Oh nothing!" She said cheerfully, smiling up at me. She took my hand and pulled me.

"Hey, where are you-" She cut my off by putting her finger over my lips, shushing me.

"You're gonna scare all the animals, loud ass." She laughed and then pulled me along again.

"Where are you bringing me?" I let her pull me along by my hand, something about her made me calm. It was like her smile was a spell.

"Back to my village, so you won't be lost anymore!" Her laugh was like tinkling bells, she reminded me a lot of someone I use to know. But this girl seemed more mature, different than the pretty pink haired fangirl I had when I was in middle school, but her name was different... I still remember her. I use to call her little flower when we were young. But she went missing after that one day, I never saw her again.

"So why are you out here?" I asked Sakura, wondering what a girl like her was doing out in the forest at night time. Sakura turned her head towards me, then letting go of my hand and stretching it above her head with a hum, looking up at the stars now.

"I came out here to collect fireflies. It's a hobby of mine you could say. I have a... Special place that I let them go and it's... It's really breathtaking. Its like the stars are around you.. I don't know how to explain it better..." Her cheeks heated up as she looked down to the ground. "I'm sorry... I got a little excited..." She was cute. I would admit that to myself, but saying it out loud was a different story. My pride wouldn't let me, nor could I ever let myself get caught up with someone again, not after that. And plus, I had different goals to achieve first...