introductions

He sighed and put his book down after about 3 hours and stood up. "stand." he ordered. and i did so. "you know me. clearly. so lets skip the names and 'how do you do's. i wont eat you if you do not bother me. deal?" i nodded and shook on it with him as i slowly scratched the back of my neck.it was impposible to see his expression with the mask. he took a deep breath and motioned for me to follow him as he walked outside. we went to the woods to an open space and he got in a fighting stance. "legs sterdy." he spoke and i slowly moved my feet a safe distance in case i needed to run. " shoulders loose." i did as told. he suddenly ran at me. "duck and roll" i instantly droped to the ground and rolled off to the side but i stuck my foot out and tripped him. he jumped over my foot with ease and we continued to fight and dodge, sadly it lasted like a minute. the movies made it seem so much longer but i was out of breath by the 50 second mark so we stopped. he chuckled. "good news and bad news. good news, your dodging is good and your quick on your feet. bad news, stamina is horrible and you need more attacks. running isnt the best to do unless you absolutely need to." i frowned in defeat and he walked over and ruffled my hair almost...tenderly? he walked back to the mansion and i followed a little far behind. i heard a snap and slowly went to investagate. i saw a blur for a split second running off to the woods and i chased it. i mustve ran for 3 minutes at least before stopping, i lost it but now i have no idea where i was. and like that i was in trouble, deep trouble. noises all around me started to scare me and i was suddenly tackled to the ground, a deathly skinny gray creature ontop of me. i pushed it off as best i could before it lifted ts arm to slash, its fingers were sharp enough to cut through me like butter. fear rushed over me and i screamed. in an instant it was off of me and there stood jack. tall and menicing, he hissed like an animal and got down on all fours. and pounced at the creature but it slashed his mask off with one hand and his cheek open with another. he scared it off after a minute or two but he got beat up pretty bad. i helped him back to the mansion silently and a man with a doctors mask with a creepy smile rushed over. "what happened?" he asked "rake" answered jack and he rushed jack into his room and i sat outside, worried for jack. i was feeling guilty. if i didnt run off hed be ok. but if he didnt follow me i wouldnt be here. i was so confused. at war with myself.