• Twenty six •

Unedited

The constant beeping of the heart monitor puts me on edge with every pulse. I never in my life thought I'd ever wind up in this situation with this person. And why did I say I'm his girlfriend?

"Here," Jungkook holds out a cup of coffee for me to take, "you can't stay here overnight, we have school tomorrow and you need to go. I'll stay" He mumbles while edging down onto the hospital chair next to me. We're sat in silence staring at the still unconscious Taehyung.

"I can't believe this is happening." I murmur, my small hands encompassing the takeaway drink. Jungkook half heartedly smiles and wraps a comforting arm around my shoulder, "it'll be okay" He says confidently. We sit in silence and I'm left in the empty void that is my mind. Replaying the bizarre memories of me and the notorious fückboy.

"I don't wanna go....." He mumbles

"Yah what are you talking about?" I ask quietly

"I wanna go to the beach...."

"Taehyung, what?" He just groans in response and turns around to face me, his eyes shut tight. Oh. He's sleep talking. That's so cute. Nope not cute. NOT cute. I must admit he looks adorable, his puffy cheeks and messy hair, it's charming. Carefully, I wriggle back under the sheets so I'm lying next to him. I'd love to leave but I'm tired and my body hates me for drinking so much last night, my head is pounding.

"Good morning Kim Taehyung" I say softly before closing my eyes

-
"Friends?" A deep voice sounds from behind me. "I feel honoured to be called your friend, ya know, since you said you hated me" He winks. My glare is piercing the side of his head as he gently kisses his grandmother's cheek. I take my time to examine the way he's so soft and sweet around her, like one wrong move could destroy everything. His hair is damp, my guess is he just had a shower or stuck his head under a tap or something? Im not quite sure how his mind works, it's fully plausible.

"What's for morning grub then halmoni?"

-

"You don't have a heart"

"I do," He sighs, "and I'd give it to you in a heartbeat."

-

"Can you help me?"

"Erm... With what?" I question, anxiously fiddling with my fingers.

"My tie. I can never make them look right"

"Oh. Sure." Instinctively, I make my way towards him and start to fix his tie. My hands snake behind his neck with the tie is hand. "It'd be so easy to strangle you right now." I bring my hands down to secure the tie with a knot.

"Lovely" He chuckles then speaks lowly. "If you were into ties and ropes you should've said baby girl." Ruthlessly, I tighten his tie making him cough from the force. "Nari, that was brutal. But yet again, you managed to turn me on."

-

"Yah!" I snap. "Are you crazy?"

"Crazy for you" He makes a little heart with his thumb and finger.

-

"I think I'm falling in love with you" My eyes shoot open, pushing him away and he falls off the bed, landing with a hard thud on the floor. "Aish! What was that for!?"