Chapter 17

CHAPTER 17

It's been 2 weeks since the checkup. Everyone took care of Avni. Ansh made sure that Avni did regular exercise and was following a healthy diet. Every day, no matter how late he slept the previous night, he would wake up early to join Avni for jogging. Ansh did everything he could just to be Avni's pillar of support.

It was nearly 10 p.m at night, Ansh had still not come back from office. Avni was waiting for him in the living room. He had texted her saying that he will be late. After the dinner, everyone retired to their rooms, but Avni decided to stay downstairs so that she can open the door for Ansh when he comes back.

Avni was sitting on the couch watching a movie when she felt someone sitting beside. Avni turned to her right and saw her Mother-in-law sitting. "Mom, you didn't sleep?" "No Avni... I slept after lunch so I am not feeling sleepy now." "Okay, mom. Do you want to watch something?" "No, it's okay. You continue watching the movie." "No, I was just going to switch off the t.v." "Why?" "The movie is boring." Saying that Avni switched off the T.v.

"Avni can I ask you something?" "Mom you can ask me anything." "How are you feeling child?" "About what mom?" "About your period's problem?" "About that Mom, it o..." "Tell me the truth Avni. Don't lie. You may be the daughter-in-law of this house to others. But to me, you are my daughter. Tell me the truth child. I didn't ask you earlier because I wanted to give you some space. At that point, You needed Ansh more than anyone. But now I think it's time that I hear the truth from you. It's a woman to woman talk Avni. Feel free to say everything you have on your mind."

Pratima was waiting for Avni to say something. Avni had her head bowed and was playing with her fingers. Pratima lifted Avni's head and saw tears in your eyes. Seeing her cry, Pratima hugged her. "Avni let out everything you have in your heart. I am here for you." Avni cried even more. From the two weeks, she had been controlling herself. Every time she thought of her condition, she wanted to cry. But tried to strong as she didn't want Ansh to worry.

After shedding the tears she had controlled, Avni wiped her tears and looked at Pratima. "Maa, what if I can never become a mother? Ansh ji wants a child but because I am not ready he doesn't say anything. But what if I can never become pregnant? I am scared Maa. I am scared." "Shh... Don't say like that. You are exercising daily and having a healthy diet. Don't worry Avni, you will get well. But why are you, scared child?" "Mom what if Ansh ji leaves me someday?" "Avni why would Ansh leave you? Did he do something to doubt him?" "No mom... He didn't... Rather he takes care of me so much... He always makes sure that I am not alone in this.... I cannot ask a better husband than him..." "Then why do think that he will leave you?" "Because I cannot give him a child... I know mom I shouldn't let these thoughts enter my mind... But I cannot help think of it... I am scared mom... I am really scared." "Don't be Avni... I know my son... I am seen how much he loves... Trust him Avni... Don't let these thoughts hurt you... And even if he tries too hurt, I will run behind him with broom.." Avni laughed hearing Pratima's words. Pratima too joined Avni in laughing.

Both were so busy laughing that they didn't notice that Ansh had already entered the house using his own key. He had heard most of their conversation. And after hearing Avni's fear, Ansh was deeply hurt.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so sorry for updating so late and that too with a short chapter.... I am busy with upcoming internals... I am so sorry...  I promise you one thing... I will update a very big chapter next time... I hope it will cover up for today's short chapter....

Thank you so much for supporting and loving the story....

If you like it ... please do comment and subscribe