Chapter 11

My body was aching. I was bloody and bruised, I could barely feel the warm sheets that my small figure was laying on. "Look out because here I come." Someone sang as other voices cried.

"And I'm marching onto the beat we drum." A more feminine voice sang.

"I'm not scared to be seen." A soprano sang as I could hear her crying. I slowly opened my eyes to see a blur of light, slowly fading to reveal my close friends.

"I make no apologies." W.D. sang as he gripped onto my hand.

"This is Me." I whispered as everyone turned to look at me. Tears ran down their faces as they all smiled. I smiled with them as W.D. held onto my hand and Lettie and Anne hugged each other. Tattoo Man stood with Tom as we all smiled and laughed together.

"What happened?" I said softly as I let W.D. hold my hand, seeing as it made us feel safe.

"You ran into a burning building trying to save me." Anne choked out as she sat by my side. "P.T. ran in trying to save you right before the ro-"

"Is he okay?" I asked with a sad look in my eyes. Please don't let him be hurt, please. I awaited a reply as Lettie sighed.

"No, he isn't physically hurt. Probably more emotionally. Family Issues, Everything he built gone." Lettie said sadly. We all sat in silence as I sat up from my hospital bed.

"It's not all gone." I smiled sadly as I used all of my strength to keep myself upright. "P.T. helped us form a family, he gave me a home, people I could turn too."

"He all gave us that." Tom said as we all sighed. "Besides, he's probably just feeling sorry for himself."

"That's it!" I yelled as an idea sparked in my head. "We have to be quick about it."

"Quick about what?" Tattoo Man asked as I smirked.

"Just follow me." I smiled as everyone laughed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

W.D. carried me on his back as all of the circus performers followed us into the local bar. "If you're here for your money, it's all gone." P.T. spoke softly.

"Quit acting sad. We don't want Money." Lettie spoke softly.

"Then what do you want?" P.T. asked as he took a sip of his drink.

"You gave us a family." I spoke harshly. "P.T. our own mothers were ashamed of us."

"P.T. you can't take away the family that we built." W.D. spoke softly, holding me in his arms. Silence swept throughout the bar as P.T. looked away from us, his head bowed.

"I saw the sun begin to dim. And felt that winter wind, blow cold." P.T. sang as he looked away from us. "A man learns who is there for him. When the glitter fades and the walls won't hold."
Cause from then, rubble. What remains, can only be what's true. If all was lost, is more I gain." P.T. finally turned around and looked at us. "Cause it led me back, to you."

"From now on, these eyes will not be blinded by the lights. From now on, what's waited till tomorrow starts tonight. Tonight." P.T. sang as he stood up, setting his drink down. "Let this promise in me start, like an anthem in my heart. From now on. From now on."

P.T. walked to the other side of the room and looked at a wall of photos. "I drank champagne with kings and queens, the politicians praised my name. But those are someone else's dreams. The pitfalls of the man I became. For years and years, I chased their cheers. The crazy speed of always needing more. But when I stop, and see you here." P.T. sang as he held a picture of his wife and children in his hands. "I remember who all this was for."

"And from now on, these eyes will not be blinded by the lights. From now on, what's waited till tomorrow starts tonight. It starts tonight! And let the promise in me start, like an anthem in my heart. From now on. From now on. From now on." P.T. sang as we all started dancing.

"And we will come back home. And we will come back home. Home again!" I danced with W.D. as everyone cheered and danced.

"From now on!" P.T. cheered as he danced with us.

"And we will come back home. And we will come back home. Home, again!" Everyone danced as a few people drank and laughed.

"Yes!" P.T. cheered as he ran over and kissed me and Lettie on the head, then running out the doors of the bar.

"And we will come back home. And we will come back home. Home, again!" Everyone cheered as W.D. and I danced on the counter. "From now on! These eyes will not be blinded by the lights! From now on! Whats waited till tomorrow starts tonight!
It starts tonight! Let the promise in me start. Like an anthem in my heart."

"From now on! From now on! From now on! And we will come back home! And we will come back home! Home, again!" Soon enough everyone in the bar had fallen asleep. I slept in W.D.'s lap as he stayed awake and looked at me. "From now on. From now on. Home, again." W.D. sang softly as he kissed my forehead, causing me to smile.