chapter four

4:0
tied up

The screech of the sirens fills me with excitement, a duffle bag slung around my body as I stare at the bank I've just robbed. The graffiti sprayed in neon green and pink screams at the onlookers. OUR ORGANISATIONS ARE CORRUPT, OUR HEROES ARE LIARS.

Smirking lightly at my handiwork, I lean against the pole on the building across the road, allowing people to catch sight of me. I'm not trying to hide. I'm making a statement.

Somebody is calling the police, bank officials ruin towards the place with frantic expressions on their faces. The rest of the onlookers are either staring at the words in horror whilst others have already snapped pictures of my lovely message.

A glint of light comes flashing towards me, blinding and taking me off guard. Curiosity makes me let it take me hostage as is wraps itself around my arms and torso, constricting my body and airflow. Alarm and panic roots itself deep into my gut before I see him. And then excitement and apprehension replaces my worry.

NightShade. Or shall we call him: Christian.

A slow smile spreads across my mouth as I watch him lazily. He lands in front of me, clad in his dark navy blue tactical gear. Wow, the uniform really does wonders to his body.

"Hello NightShade," I purr, "fancy seeing you here."

"Ophelia." He growls, eyes set on my duffle bag, although I catch him glancing at my boobs that strain against my costume as my arms are tied behind my back. "You need to stop this. You see how terrified people are of you?" His arm motions across the city, the people below us started cheering when he arrived. As he does, a pale silver forcefield is passed between us and them, he does this a lot. It prevents the public from seeing us, we are invisible to them.

"You need to relax, NightShade. All the constant tension really must make you worry about your blood pressure." I drawl, slowly walking towards him, still tied up. I watch as his breathing shallows, how he leans away slightly. I smirk. "And maybe you could untie me," I take another step towards him, until I'm completely pressed up against his hard body. His hand wraps around my throat in a flash and he slams me against the brick wall behind us, knocking the air out of me. I try to pull out of the restraints to no use .

Dammit, better think of something else.

His heart is pounding against me as I stare into his light brown eyes, looking at him almost as if I'm in a state of complete bliss. The pain is welcoming.

"You know," I rasp, "you're really not that threatening in this situation. You have me here, tied up, hand around my throat. I am completely willing and at your mercy," the pressure of his grip lessens. "Usually I'm the more sexually suggestive between the both of us but you just can't seem to help yourself, can you?"

He growls at me.

"Ophelia, stop. Your games, your manipulation and attitude stops right now or else-"

"Or else what?" I sing, "I'm actually quite happy being tied up by you." I know that he acts like he isn't affected by me, but he is. He's distracted, unfocused in pretending to be focused. If he wasn't, he'd of noticed that I've been picking through his selection of powers, reading them like going through files in a filing cabinet. Until I find one I like.

"You're done here," he tells me, "you're going to be locked up, and your tyranny over the city is finished."

I don't respond, instead I wait until he let's go of my neck, takes hold of my duffle bag and grabs my arm. My mouth spills into a lazy tilt upwards, looking up at him. I know he starts using his powers as soon as the restraints come off. It's funny how I'm so infamous in this city, and yet nobody really knows what my powers are since they seem to change all the time. 

He stops when he realises that i haven't replied with a witty comeback. That's when I find it. One of his superpowers. It's a small one, a weaker one out of his others but it'll do me good for a moments distraction. Telekinesis. With a quick short analysis of it, I figure out how to manipulate and change it, instead of being able to see into the minds of others, I am able to have momentary control over their brain. Only for a couple of seconds.

Hmm, that'll be useful, I'll memorise it for the future.

Using the arm that he isn't holding, I loop it around his neck and pull him down for a kiss. It was meant to be a light kiss but as soon as our lips meet, it's as if he completely changes my center of gravity. The hand grabbing my arm moves to snake around my waist, his other comes under my right arm and hugs me to him, coming up to the bottom half of my head, pushing my head against his to add more force into the kiss. Everything seems to melt away, electricity seems to course through my veins and I whimper against his mouth as my back arches into him.

Oh shit, my escape plan.

I slowly end the kiss, pulling away slightly just so I can meet his eyes. We're both panting, trying to catch our breath. His eyes wide with shock or surprise, I can't tell.

A slow smile spreads onto my face, he's too distracted to notice that my now free hand is grasping the strap of the duffle bag.

I go in and peck his lips softly before whispering into them.

"You'll have to catch me first."

I immediately freeze him to his spot and yank the bag out of his grasp. A couple steps away, I give him an soft, genuine smile before I dissappear into the shadows. Seconds later, I'm back home.

The bag falls and lands with a thud on the white wooden floor. My hand comes up to my mouth, fingers touching my lips, still feeling the effect of the kiss on them as they tingle.

My first kiss with NightShade has seriously fucked things up. And yet, I can't help the stupid grin that stays on my face when I lie in bed, awake until the wee small hours of the morning.