Chapter Three: The Odd Stranger

Chapter 3: The Odd Stranger And A Cup Of Bubble Tea.

After what feels like forever, he finally makes it to the house. Looking at it in the dark, he can't make out many things but it's very rich and highly expensive. Alec blinks owlishly up at it's "goodness." Alec looks at the side of the two-story house and decides to get a look inside...

Climbing a wall on a house not designed to be climbed upon is harder than one might imagine. But alas, Alec makes it safely to the top.

Alec tries to lean on a window, only to find it open. He has a brief look of panic before falling into the darkness of the room, landing head-first with a loud *oof* and a quieter ouch. Laying in the aftermath, he has only a second to think what a bad idea this was before he hears a giggle. Then a light is being flashed on, making Alec yelp and blink at the tan teenage boy in the bed with many colourful blankets. He sees that the walls are a very pretty colour.

The boy grins at him.

"Why, hello! What brings you here, dear child?" Alec thinks that his eyes have an uncanny resemblance to the ones of a cat. They are a yellowish green colour and his skin looks like the caramels the Morgenstern's would give them upon coming over to play with their son Johnathan.

Alec can only sit and stare at the oddly skin-coloured young man till said man catches his eye and his grin only widens. Alec clears his throat and stands up, brushing off the dust on his pyjamas. He is wearing a thin shirt and pants, he inconveniently left any and all footwear at home so he is most certainly barefoot.

"I'm very sorry, sir. I was walking by your house and... tripped?" He asks unconvincingly. At that, the man bursts out laughing.

"So you are so tall that you can fall into second story houses?" He asks and Alec feels his face get red and hot.

"No sir, I wanted to see the inside of your house," he looks down to the floor, feeling ashamed.

"Oh, none of that now. I'm more than happy to show you around but first, introductions. My name is Magnus Bane, master of this house, and you?" He gets out of his bed to reach his hand out. Alec takes it, shaking.

"Hello sir, I'm Alexander Lightwood. I live next door to you," Alec says.

Magnus nods and says, "Nice to meet you Alexander, how old are you?" Magnus grins as Alec blushes.

"Ten, sir." Magnus' eyes widen, looking him up and down.

"Only ten?! Good Lord, child, what do they feed the children here? I, myself, am seventeen years of age." Alec blushes and blinks owlishly, all in the spam of .2 seconds. 'What is wrong with him? He never shuts up.' Alec shakes his head, clearing such thoughts from his mind.

"No sir, I'm of unnatural height. And only seventeen, sir? And a master of your own home? Forgive me for prying, but how, sir?" Magnus puffs up. Like a strutting rooster, Alec muses

"I am a prince and there's nothing to forgive, blue eyes," he grins. Alec sputters, he's never been called that before. Magnus smirks.

"Sir, if I may, I should return home?" Alec asks nervously. Honestly, he's never met anyone quite like Magnus before.

"Oh, I wouldn't dream of sending you away at this time." Alec looks confused.

"Why ever not, sir?" He shifts to hold his hands like he's seen his mother do. Alec decides that the best course of action is to not look him in the eyes.

Magnus notices this change, frowning. He decides to tone down his personality for a bit.

"Well, you came all this way I might as well show you around and, maybe after, you'll stay for bubble tea?" He asks, with a curious tilt of his head that reminds Alec of a dog.