Prologue

This is most likely going to be a Kariver story so just prepare for that. Me and my neighbor both want it to be so here we are.

(Future 3 months)

Earth 1 was a war zone, rubble strewn everywhere with fires burning the remains of some of the buildings to ash.

The death toll had reached over 3 billion, all the other heroes besides Oliver and Barry dead. Kara was the first to die as she gave her life to protect the rest of the heroes.

Kara had always been a hero even before she embraced being Supergirl, but now was when it really showed.

Kara watched as Darkseid's Omega beams headed straight towards all the other heroes. She quickly flew in the direct path of the beams taking the full hit and flying backwards, hitting a building with enough force to make the ground tremble.

She fell to the ground, cracking the cement when she landed. Oliver sprinted over to her, rolling her gently onto her back. He choked back a sob as he saw all the blood on her face.

Kara coughed, blood trickling out of her mouth. "No Kara stay with me!" Oliver yelled as he saw her struggle to draw in a breath, her chest barely rising and barely falling.

Kara stared up at the sky as the world morphed and the colors started to drain out of everything. There was one color that lingered the longest though and that was Oliver's bright green eyes staring down at her. She knew she was going to die, but at least she could die with Oliver being the last thing she saw.

Oliver picked Kara up in his arms, still sitting on the ground. "No don't do this Kara. Come on you got to fight," Oliver said, his voice cracking as tears streamed down his face, once he heard Kara gasp in pain, her chest falling, but not raising, it would never raise again.

Oliver yelled as loud as he possibly could, not caring how weak he looked. The love of his life had just died in his arms. He would never see her smile again, or hear her laugh, or see the sparkle in her striking cobalt blue eyes that dazzled him, she was gone.

Oliver gently closed Kara's eyes and pulled her lifeless body closer to him, squeezing her as tightly as he possibly could as if it would bring her back as he sobbed into her hair. This was worse than Lian Yu and all the torture he had ever been through combined.

All the heroes watched the scene unfold. None of them had moved, all of them being in different stages of grief. Oliver was definitely the worst, but Barry was not far behind him, even Mick had tears in his eyes as he watched Oliver.

They were all brought back to what was at hand as Darkseid laughed, his voice booming over everybody. Everybody turned to face him as he said, "If that's the strongest hero you have then this was over before it even started," he said the word hero as if it were painful.

"You don't get to say that about her. She's stronger than you will ever be," Barry spat back, tears running down his face.

"Oh if she's so strong then why is she the one who's dead right now?" Darkseid mocked.

Oliver then gently layed Kara down on the ground as he stood up and looked at Darkseid. "What do you want from this world?" Oliver asked menacingly.

"I want all of you dead first off," Darkseid said as he took off destroying buildings as he flew through them.

Darkseid fired his beams at the group of heroes killing some of them instantly as he just laughed.

Barry had barely missed being hit by the beams as he ran around trying to help people. Some pieces of glass and debris had cut him and he had a huge gash on his forehead, but he didn't care all he wanted was for Darkseid to die.

After a while all the heroes besides Oliver and Barry were dead. Darkseid's reign of terror hadn't stopped at just the heroes, no, he had placed his so called Apokolips machines all around the world, all of them killing millions instantly when they turned on.

Darkseid chuckled darkly as Oliver released an arrow, doing nothing as it snapped on contact. He then grabbed Oliver by the neck and shot his Omega beams straight into Oliver's chest. Oliver didn't even try to fight back as he knew it was futile, but he also knew that he would be with Kara again.

Darkseid dropped Oliver's lifeless body, smirking as he added on to the death toll of heroes.

Earth 1 was gone there was no saving it now as Barry sped up bloody and battered, almost collapsing as he watched Darkseid or now Apokolips murder another one of his friends. He screams out in rage and sped forwards as fast as he could before a blinding white light and then nothing.

There's the prologue for you. It might take me a while to update this book as I'm still writing my other one, but I will most likely be writing both stories at the same time so you might get some chapters for this story and none from my other one, or the other way around, or you might get both books updated. Word count: 933 so not as long as my other chapters, but it's just the prologue so there will be more in the next chapters.