Chapter 1

"You know I hate you, you never do anything productive, you just sit on the sidelines, you should be helping us", Yukio yelled at Rin in the middle of class after he attempted to fake fall asleep.

Rin tried to open his mouth to protest, but Yukio interrupted him immediately.

"Maybe you should've just killed yourself the day Shiro died!", Yukio yelled with anger.

Although the class heard what Yukio said they paid no mind to how hurtful those word might've been to their classmate.

Rin stood up slowly walking towards his brother that was at the front of the classroom, and looked up, "Maybe if YOU didn't tell me to stay behind I would've given you a hand in battle.

"Just maybe if you just let me try to find a method I liked for learning maybe I would be productive."

Yukio glared and tried to open his mouth, but Rin wouldn't let his brother destroy his moment of calm ranting.

"Maybe if you treated me like the person I am then I would actually pay attention to YOUR classes, because I honestly don't care if the Vatican killed me right here and right now."

After he knew his rant was officially done he slowly walked out of the classroom and toward the place he went to calm himself, mostly by killing demons, or ranting to himself about life, and worst of all to cut.

Once he got there he took out Kurikara(Sorry if I spelt that wrong), and he started to try to unsheathe it, but it wouldn't budge.

He hasn't been able to unsheathe the sword for about a week.

He started thinking about what Yukio told him in the classroom earlier,

"Maybe I should've kill myself the day Shiro died", he said aloud.

"No, your much easier to talk to when your alive".

Rin jumped at the sudden interruption into his train of thoughts.

As he looked around the clearing he spotted the demon that Shiro tried so hard to protect him from that night, Astaroth the king of rot.

"G-get away from me", Rin said as Astaroth started walking towards him.

Rin didn't want to run like a coward, but he couldn't find the strength in himself to fight back.

He couldn't unsheathe his sword which contained his power.

Without his powers, he's a full human, well he is an emotionally unstable human at that.

As Astaroth grabbed Rins shoulders, and slammed Rin into a tree he suddenly heard his ex-friends calling out to him.

"Rin, I'm sorry", he heard Yukio yell.

Astaroth grabbed my sword, and unsheathed it.

I starred at the sword in confusion on how this monster could wield it, yet he himself can't.

Rin was pinned helplessly as his blue flames burst out of his body.

The only problem was that he had not a bit control over them.

Before Rin could collect his thoughts Astaroth took the Kurikara sword and stabbed Rin right in the heart.

He saw his friends burst into the clearing, and saw Astaroth slowly fade from Rin's view as he collapsed onto the hard rocky ground.

The one thing that Yukio, and the rest of the exwires had already broken, the one thing that Rin had tried so hard to glue together, the one thing he tried so hard to heal, had just shattered to pieces.

His heart.

Goodbye world.

Or so Rin thought.