16 ~ welcome ⚡️

I was awaken out of my sleep to this sharp pain coming from my abdomen.

"Denzel! Denzel wake up". I said as I was shaking him.

"What Aaliyah, what". He said getting mad. "Go back to bed". He insisted. But hell nah! I couldn't! I'm god damn having contractions.

"I can not go back to sleep because I'm having CONTRACTIONS". I said now yelling.

He shot out of bed & turned the room light on.

"Oh shit, what do I do?". He said stuttering.

I must've gave him the dumbest look ever. "Boy get the damn diaper bag, go wake Camron up & take me to the hospital". I told him. He ran to get Camron & grabbed the bag. "Come on". He said.

He helped me up off the bed & took me to the car. My contractions had to be like every 45 minutes so it wasn't that bad. After about an hour, we pulled up to the hospital.

"My girlfriend is in the car & she's having contractions. We're already registered to come here so she just needs a room". I could hear him talking to the nurse. The nurse came running outside with a wheelchair & helped me get in it.

When I got inside of the chair, she took me to the maternity ward. They put me in this room & helped me change into the gown. They then began to check my blood pressure & my baby's heartbeat.

"Okay mommy. You & the baby are doing fine. Her little heartbeat is stable & your blood pressure is alright. Now, how far apart are your contractions?". She said.

"Umm about every 45 minutes". I said as I breathed in, starting to feel my contractions again.

"Okay. I'm going to check how many cm you are okay? It should hurt". She said as she put her gloves on. She then stuck her finger inside of me.

"You're 4 cm dilated". She said as she took her gloves off then added hand sanitizer. "I'll come back in a little to check on you okay? Do not eat or drink anything". She said before she walked out.

When she walked out Kentrell & his family walked in.

"Hey Aaliyah how you doin baby". Ms.Gaulden asked me.

"I'm okay. Just ready to get this baby out of me". I said as I chuckled. "But other than that I'm ready. I'm so excited to meet her". I added.

"I'm ready to meet missy too. Where's your mom?".

"She's on her way now. I had her stop by my house to grab my clothes bag. Because somebody left it & only grabbed the diaper bag". I said putting extra on the somebody & looking at Denzel.

They started to laugh. "It's okay, he probably just scared & nervous". Kendell said as he grabbed my hand.

"Kendell let go of ha' hand". Kentrell told him as he smacked his hand away. He then sat next to me on the hospital bed & started to rub my stomach. "You okay stink? You gone be out soon". He said talking to the baby.

I rolled my eyes & laugh.

"You ready to meet this little girl?". I asked him as I played in his hair.

He then looked up at me. "As ready as I'll ever be". He said with a laugh. "We both having our first girl".

I nodded my head then leaned back up against the bed. I then started to feel contractions again.
"Lord please give me the strength". I said aloud.