4. dodge

"Hi Lovey." Nic says. He kisses Maine on the cheek and sits down next to her on the sofa. "What's wrong?"

"Huh? Uh, hi!" Maine replies, startled.

"Sabi ko, 'what's wrong?' Tulala ka dyan"

"E-eto" Maine shows the tabloid to Nic.

"Nakita ko rin kanina, sa kalye" Nic says as he gets the paper from Maine and browses the front page.

"Sasabihin na ba natin?"

"It's up to you. All these years, I've let you decide on things when it comes to Charm. Anak mo yun e." Nic folds the paper.

"Anak mo din naman sya e. Mahal na mahal ka ni Charm"

"I know. But I let you decide on matters when it comes to her life. Even with Chino and Chippy. Ikaw ang Nanay e. I'm here to support"

"But you're her Dad."

"Now."

"Huh?"

"I'm her Dad now but she's still Alden's kid"

"I don't know how she'll react when I tell her"

"Tell me what?" Maine and Nic didn't notice Charm enter the living room. She had been out of the house since the early morning due to a mall tour earlier that day.

"You're home early?" Nic says as he moves to accommodate Charm in between him and Maine on the sofa. He tucks the tabloid under his thigh.

"The show was just in Bulacan and natapos agad. What are you going to tell me?" Charm said.

"Ah eh" Maine begins, flustered.

"Mom?"

"Wala. Nagtatanong kasi si Daddy kung saan nyo daw gusto magbakasyon sa summer?"

"Summer?"

"Ah e, oo. Mag-l-leave ako sa office. Mga isang buwan din yun, let's go somewhere. Cruise kaya?" Nic says.

"Oh wow! Teka, paayos ko kay Tito Lem (Charm's Manager) yung schedules ko. Gusto ko sumama!"

"Dapat lang. This will be our first family cruise if ever. The first since you entered showbiz" Nic nods.