10. apprehensions

"Wait. Wait. Sabi nyo..."

"Oo, adopted ka...ni Daddy. Ako ang mommy mo"

"Si..sino ang totoong Daddy ko?"

"S-si Alden. Si Alden Richards ang totoo mong Papa."

"I don't understand"

"I was sixteen...he was nineteen when I had you. He left when he found out I was pregnant with you."

"I'm. I'm not sure if.."

"...Nanay and Tatay brought me to the States. Alden decided to stay away because legally, he could have been charged with rape because I was only 16...You don't have to if you don't want to."

"But.."

"But we're in the same cruise"

"Oh wow. So totoo yung nasa tabloid. Yung sinabi nina Chino na nakita nila sya"

"Walang alam sina Chino at Chippy."

"Why Mom? Why only now?"

"I was scared. I didn't know how to tell you. We had a very quiet and happy life without him. Don't hate him for not showing up earlier. Kasalanan ko rin naman e"

"Thank you."

"Huh?"

"Thank you for being honest. I'm happy that you told me. But I'm not sure though if I'm ready to meet him, to see him"

"Galit ka ba?"

"No. I don't know. Daddy and you, you gave me a good life. This Alden Richards guy, I don't know him. You always remind me never to judge people before I meet them so I don't want to think that he's a bad person."

"He's not"

"Does Daddy know?"

"Yes, he does. I met your Dad after Alden left. We were both young when all this happened. I was confused also at that time."

"Hmm"

"Anak?"

"Yes?"

"What if magkita kayo sa labas?"

"I-I don't know." Charm suddenly felt cold.