6. siblings

"Ate, may nakita kaming lalake, kahawig mo." Chippy said to Charm. They were on the summer cruise. Unknown to Maine and Charm, Alden had also taken the same cruise.

"Huh?"

"Alin? Yung matangkad na may dimple?" Chino asked.

"Oo, sa game room. Naglaro nga nung 'Walking Dead'. Ang taas nung score!" Chippy said.

"Ah oo, yung naka bubble jacket na itim"

"Sya nga. Maputi, tulad ni Ate"

"What? Wait?"

"Oo Ate, yung guy, kamukha mo, may dimple din sya, sa left cheek." Chippy said. Chippy was the youngest of the brood. Although Charm didn't want to admit it, Chippy was her baby, even if he was already 9 years old. She doted on him more than she did Chino.

Chino was Maine and Nic's "oldest" child. At 13, he was an adventurous, fun-loving boy. He loved Charm like anything and swore he'd protect her. "Forever ever!" He said when he was just 6 years old and Charm came home from school crying because a classmate called her fat.

Charm was a chubby little girl. Her small, beady eyes and button nose was framed by her bangs. She had a prominent dimple on her left cheek.

"Mommy, I have butas in my face?" She once asked when she was about 4 years old and started going to school. "My classmates, they always put their finger here o" Charm said as she poked her dimple.

"You have a very pretty face. That's not a butas, that's your dimple"

"Timpol?"

"Dd...dimple. It's what make you cute. You are special because you have that dimple. We'll know it's you when we see it"

"Ah. Chino, no timpol sa face?"

"Uhm, no" Maine replied.

"Chino meron timpol."

"Wala." Maine smiled at Charm, tucking hair behind Charm's ear.

"Chino meron timpol sa pet...here o" Charm said, matter-of-factly as she patted her behind.

"Hmm" Maine giggled at Charm's observations.

"Ate, sabi nila, ampon ka daw?" Chippy once asked Charm.

"Hmm. Mommy ko si Mommy tapos in-adopt ako ni Daddy." She explained.

"Di mo kilala yung totoo mong Daddy?"

"Hindi."

"Di mo hahanapin?"

"Di ko alam. Ewan. Di ko naman sya nakilala e"

"Di ka curious?"

"Dati, pero now, hindi masyado."

"Hmm."

"Bakit?"

"Wala lang. Naisip ko lang. Kasi, nakapanood ako sa TV nun nung nagkita yung adopted at yung totoo nyang parents, bumalik sya sa totoo nyang family. Ayoko. Ayokong umalis ka."