Staining tears.

While Kion was at Rafiki's tree, Fuli was at the lair pacing around and kicking rocks into the pond.
"I saved Kion's life...yes, I broke some rules but he didn't have to get angry at me!" Complains Fuli.
She lies down on a rock overlooking the water. Fuli hears a voice that belonged to a female lion cub that made Fuli scratch her claws on the rock.
"Fuli! Fuli! Guess what?!" Squeals Tiffu.
"I'm not in the mood for games, Tiffu." Snaps Fuli.
Tiffu rolls her eyes playfully. "Kion asked me out!"
Fuli looks at Tiffu. "What? Kion asked...you out?"
Tiffu nods. "Uhh, he's so dreamy when he looks at me. I am so happy."
Fuli felt like she was about to throw up or pass out or both.
*Fuli's head* Kion asked Tiffu out? Of all the animals in the PrideLands, why Tiffu? It can't be true, Kion hates Tiffu.
Fuli stands up and walks to the entrance trying to look happy for Tiffu. "Congratulations, I'm so happy for you. I have something to do...See ya later."
Tiffu smirks without Fuli noticing.
"It can't be true..." Says Fuli who is almost crying.
Fuli decides to go for a walk to clear her head. That is when she saw Kion and Tiffu at the waterhole. Kion gets closer and closer to Tiffu, that's when she makes her move. Fuli looks away from them. She couldn't bare the thought that Kion loves Tiffu and not her. Fuli runs away to her den at top speed. Fuli could feel tears falling down her cheeks. She stops just outside her den and looks at her reflection in a puddle. Fuli gasps as she sees her face stained with black from where her tears fell.
"Tears of heartbreak..." Whispers Fuli as she tries to remove the marks.
Fuli gives up and enters her den. She sees a flower on the ground and destroys it. Fuli collapses and cries her heart out.

Later at the lion guard lair
"Kion and Fuli better be here soon" complains Bunga. "So much for the fiercest and fast..."
Fuli walks into the lair not daring to look at her friends.
"Fuli? Are you ok?" Asks Beshte.
"Appana! Fuli, your face...the tears that stain a cheetah's face." Gasps Ono.
"Oh, I am great! Thanks for your concern...but it doesn't matter now, does it?" Snaps Fuli.
"Did it have something to do with Kion?" Asks Bunga.
"I saw Kion and Tiffu kissing." Replies Fuli as she wipes away a tear.
"Tears of heartbreak!" Realises Ono.
Kion walks into the lair and Bunga, Beshte and Ono glare at him.
"Fuli, I need to talk to you. I'm sorry about..."
"Oh, don't worry about it Kion! There's no need to apologise." Snaps Fuli.
Kion sees the black markings on Fuli's face. "Fuli...what happened?"
"You did!" Yells Fuli. "If you will excuse me, but I don't feel like going on patrol so I will not be joining you today."
Fuli runs out of the den before Kion could stop her.
"I don't understand." Stammers Kion.
"Who do you love Kion?" Asks Bunga seriously.
"Fuli" replies Kion.
"Did you do anything that involves kissing with Tiffu?" Asks Beshte.
"You heard about that? I didn't kiss Tiffu. She kissed me. I tried to avoid her but she still, managed to kiss me on the cheek." Confesses Kion.
"I think he's telling the truth." Says Ono.
"I didn't mean to hurt Fuli." Whispers Kion.
Bunga smirks at Ono and Beshte. "Well what are you waiting for? Go get Fuli!"
Kion smiles and runs to find Fuli.