2. Part-time Job and Shocking revelation

It was already October by now. Days so far for Hermione have been uneventful. Between school, studies, and friends (more like friend, Luna), Hermione had finally started her working life. She had started working on a part time job in a book shop known as Flourish & Blotts for 2 hours each day but 6 hours on weekend.

But Hermione had no problem working on weekend in book shop. For her nothing was better than sit and read a book on weekend, that too in a bookshop where she was to be surrounded by books and books only. As not many customers come at the shop on weekend, Hermione spent her free time reading books. Being a god-natured man, manager of the shop allowed Hermione to read the books at shop if she was free from the customers.

She was getting 3 pounds as pay per week. She was happy to become an independent citizen now. She was glad that now she would not have to depend upon her parents for her every small expense. She even gave a treat to Luna with Pizza. Luna absolutely loved Pizza.

❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾

But her first weekend wasn't as good as she had expected. She got most unexpected guest on the shop. They were none other than Cho and her gang.

'It would be first time they would have set their foot in a book shop. I'll bet my life if they could tell the difference between a book and a fashion magazine" Hermione thought, rolling her eyes.

'As if they don't make my life like hell enough at school ...they have to come here as well.' She continued her musings, when Cho interrupted her train of thoughts.

"Look who's there girls...our dear bookworm Granger." said Cho egoistically.

"Ooooh...Granger...what are you doing here?" said Lavender frivolously.

'Can't they speak normally...or rather have forgotten to speak normally.' Hermione thought.

"Hi Cho, Lavender, Parvati and Romilda. Do you want something?" Hermione asked trying to sound professional.

'Bet they won't even know that it's a book shop.' Hermione thought with an inward smirk.

"It's a book shop...Isn't it? Of course we are here for books...Girls come on let's see for the books in there." Cho said arrogantly.

"So finally you realized it's a book shop" Hermione said in a mock surprised tone.

"Don't cross the line Bookworm." Parvati hissed with a smirk.

Hermione started sniggering "Do you even know where that line starts and ends Parvati?" She asked.

"Of course we do." Lavender spoke with a bit of uncertainty.

'It's just so easy to baffle these dumb-asses...Next they would start searching for that line.' Hermione thought with a smirk.

"Really then tell me where that line is drawn?" Hermione asked trying to have serious questioning look on her face but inside she was just laughing.

"It's in school of course. After all that's where we all gather each day...where you are a bookworm and we are prom queens." said Cho snickering at Hermione.

Hermione just rolled my eyes. "Well it's obvious you can't seem to think beyond that...School....where I beat you in almost every class and have better IQ than all yours put together." She retorted back.

Romilda was completely quiet.

'Look like she doesn't want to be between her cousin sister and so called friends...quite an opportunistic she is.' Hermione thought bitterly.

"What's the use of these brains Granger if it can't get you a boyfriend even? Tell me have you ever been kissed in your whole life...Huh! I am sure, even your loony friend would have gotten her first kiss...she may be crazy but looks a lot better than you...And coming from me it's a compliment for her." Cho said loftily.